We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need translation help for Japanese website

NYC
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need translation help for Japanese website

Using Google's translator website, I have almost figured out how to buy baseball tickets, but am getting an error message that the translator is unable to read.

I am trying to book 2 tickets to watch Giants play Dragons at Tokyo Dome, on Sept 25 at 6pm and got to the page for the tickets, but can't copy it as it's too long, so here's the main website:

eplus.jp/sys/…index.html

Questions:

1. I understand that it's too early to buy September tickets, when do these tickets go on sale?

2. Where are the best seats to be with the fans?

3. Is there a benefit to join the fan club first?

4. Is any one else getting the error message? If so, what does it mean?

5. Will the site accept my non-Japanese credit card (I am willing to try anyways).

Help! + Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Mt. Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,199 Reviews
from US$146.40*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
108 Reviews
from US$56.70*
US$75.60
Mt Fuji Day Trip with Lake Ashi...
947 Reviews
from US$132.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Cabaret Evening Show...
898 Reviews
from US$68.00*
Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

I am neither a Giants fan nor a baseball fan to purchase tickets to see the game at ball park. Anyway, as my interim notes;

1. Per the Tokyo dome game on Sept 25 against Doragons, the pre-order(probably, bidding in your language) dates are; Aug 1 through 5, followed by the drawing lots on Aug 7 or 8 before the ordinary sale starts at 10 am on Aug 11. I can note that according to the status page, the next Tokyo Dome games on Aug 7-9 tickets are still available.

2. S-seat is the best with Y5900 for Giant’s side.

3. I am not sure. The page is just for ticketing. However, you need to register on the page for ordering.

4. The error message you probably mean the red line on the top showing “too early” to book.

5. The page does not say about overseas cards: however, VISA , Master and Diners are acceptable.

The pages are not basically made for overseas fans. Thus, the delivery to the U.S. may not be available. The other way is picking up your tickets at Seven Eleven Japan showing the print out.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

>> 2. Where are the best seats to be with the fans?

Ardent Giants fans are at the right outfield reserved seat.

I don't know whether this is best or not.

If you are Giants fan, go right side, and Dragons fans go left side.

NYC
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

Thank you Hirano and Sanfran for your helpful information.

Follow up:

I tried to buy the August tickets that Sanfran suggested and had a "cookie" error. It does not give me an option of downloading anything to fix the error. Are you seeing this error too?

When you say "right side" do you mean facing the fans or facing the infield?

Thank you!

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

I am sorry I do not see any cookie error within the site with my Explorer 7.0.5730.11 on XP(J) 5.1.2600 Sev Pack2 though my machine currently works slower.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
26,864 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

I tried to buy an August ticket and "Too Early" sing came up. I was able to get a July ticket, but had to login using Japanese font. Are you able to do this? If not, you won't be able to buy ticket on the website.

If you're willing to pay a steep fee, there is a website you can go:

http://www.fdjp.com/

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

Have located another tickting site in English for baseball only.

http://www.japanball.com/tickets.htm

Yokohama
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

>> When you say "right side" do you mean facing the fans or facing the infield?

Sorry for confusing,

"right side" means "right fielders"(first base) side.

NYC
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

An update: I got 2 tickets!

I have to thank everyone who helped me on this posting. I am sitting in the Giant's Fan section on Sept 25th. I wasn't able to buy the tickets through e+ or any of the other websites. In the end, a family friend in japan bought the tickets for me.

A tip to anyone still looking to buy tickets. You can buy them through the Giant's official website (which is phenomenal in terms of ticketing options) and picking up the tickets at 7/11 or some other convenience store.

Arigato!

K J
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
852 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

I ended up doing the same to print out a little cheat sheet of the tickets I wanted and then went right to a ticket pia counter as soon as I arrived. Could never figure out how to buy directly on the Ticket Pia site from abroad though.

10. Re: Need translation help for Japanese website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 23:17