We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antique market in Harajuku area?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Antique market in Harajuku area?

Is there a flea market, selling used and old goods, in the Harakjuku area on certain

Sundays? If so, what happens if its a rainy day?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antique market in Harajuku area?

Harajuku I don't know, but there is a great one twice a month on Sundays at outside Yurakucho Station on the Yamanote Line. I would have to check for certain, but I believe it is every 1st and 3rd Sunday.

You get everything from cameras and furniture to really old knik-knaks to awesome - though slightly creepy - crucifixes from a time when Christianity was a practised taboo in Nippon!!

And unlike in China.... you don't have to worry about folks selling you fakes and copies.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antique market in Harajuku area?

Tojo Shrine on first sunday of every month mainly in the morning.......it it rains then no market

Yokohama
Level Contributor
837 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Antique market in Harajuku area?

Yoyogi park very close to Harajuku station is famous as flea market place. but it's once a month or every two month.

Meiji park near national stadium(JR Sendagaya) is also flea market place.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,184 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antique market in Harajuku area?

jnto.go.jp/eng/…kottou.html

The first one listed is in Harajuku.

5. Re: Antique market in Harajuku area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 16:18