We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Hello. I am choosing between Prince Park Tower Tokyo, where I have a reservation with a good PCI rate of Y19500/room for 2 Twin Park Rooms with breakfast included OR Oakwood Akasaka Y29,000+5% for a 2 bedroom apartment, no breakfast but a serviced apartment with kitchen and living room.

I am choosing on the basis of:

1. Location - convenient to transport to other parts of Tokyo, nearby supermarkets and inexpensive dining options, overall proximity to shopping, and sights of interest, preferably with a nice busy area in walking distance to hotel offering activities like shopping,dining, etc.

I've been reading reviews on Grand Prince Akasaka and seem to like the location, based on the descriptions, is the Oakwood Akasaka anywhere nearby?

2. comfort of bedrooms - as Prince Park Tower is a new property, they may have nicer, better equipped rooms? But then, the Akasaka will be much bigger and therefore may be more comfortable for my family because of the extra living/dining/kitchen space?

Please give me your thoughts/ comments/ to help me decide.

3.Also, please comment on the location of Oakwood Akasaka vs. Roppongi Central. From my research on this board, I believe Oakwood Premier Midtown would be the best choice in terms of location and rooms, but I am currently on waitlist only. I am curious about Roppongi Central vs. Akasaka.

Thank you for any advice.

Kitchen Town (Kappabashi)
Neighbourhoods, Points of Interest & Landmarks,
Tsukiji Jogaii Market
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Twin Park rooms at the Prince Park Tower are their entry level room type and are smallish at 28 m2. Pictures on Japanese website...not terribly impressive. princehotels.co.jp/parktower/…prtw.html

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Both locations are in business districts with not much in terms of consumer shopping, but plenty of dining options. I would opt for the Oakwood, given the choice. It's much nicer to have an apartment when traveling with family members in my experience.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Hi We also are going to be travelling to Tokyo with a family and was interrested in the Oakwood Akasaka apartments. On the web site it talks about a minimum stay of 1 month. Is this correct, we are looking at only staying 1 week?

Thanks,

Kim

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

I am not a fan of any Prince hotels anywhere. However, if a supermarket nearby is an important point, then the Prince at Shiba Park is quite close to Nisshin, one of the better supermarkets in Tokyo. Its about a 15 minute walk away.

I have stayed in Oakwood for periods of less than one week. I think it depends on occupancy. Their reservation web site is manual-you have to wait for a reply from a human to get a confirmation and sometimes its takes a couple of days. Overall I would prefer an Oakwood over Prince anyday.

I would recommend the Oakwood called T-Cube over Roppongi. Its costs a little more. Its actually between Roppongi and Akasaka. Midtown is the newest Oakwood and I think an excellent location, although I have not stayed there.

5. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2008, 18:15
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,992 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

I just posted my review on the Prince Park Tower, please see:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294232-i525-k1931…

>>I am not a fan of any Prince hotels anywhere.<<

This comment leads me to believe you have not stayed at the Prince Park Tower, Yamanote. The Prince Hotels range from A+ to D-...

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

I was trying to have a duplicate post removed and I just realized my last reply to this thread was deleted instead...

Thank you to all who replied to my post.

To Scarybear, you can email the Oakwood directly to reserve, but they cannot confirm you reservation until 1 month away from your intended arrival date. In my case, for our May 26 - 31 visit, I received a confirmation email for Oakwood Akasaka on the last week of April, while I am still awaiting confirmation from Midtown or Roppongi Central which were my top 2 choices..

Shibuyakko, thank you for the detailed review on Prince Park Tower. How big (or small) are the beds in a Park Twin room? There will be 2 adults and 2 children in 1 room while the second room will hold 2 adults. Is this doable in a Park Twin? The second option is to request an extra bed for each room, so 3 persons will be in each room. Booking a 3rd room will be too expensive for us..

Thank you again to all.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,992 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

>>Shibuyakko, thank you for the detailed review on Prince Park Tower. How big (or small) are the beds in a Park Twin room? There will be 2 adults and 2 children in 1 room while the second room will hold 2 adults. Is this doable in a Park Twin? The second option is to request an extra bed for each room, so 3 persons will be in each room. Booking a 3rd room will be too expensive for us..<<<

You are welcome. The beds are US double size so if you are "normal" size, you can sleep with a child in one bed. A rollaway will fit into the room but that will seriously compromise your "moving" space.

Have you checked the Grand Prince Akasaka? Their standard twin room is much bigger at 37m2 and you can usually get one at around 150USD. The location is fantastic for sightseeing too.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

Thank you again Shibuyako. I am delayed in replying because I am on a trip and am not able to check daily.

I have cancelled my reservation at the Oakwood Akasaka because I found that the second bedroom only has a single bed in it. And from the way you describe Prince Park Tower, 2 rooms at the Prince Park Tower seem to fit our needs more: nice new rooms, not too far from dining options.

Grand Prince Akasaka is better in terms of location, but how do the rooms compare to the ones in Prince Park Tower? Shibuyako, I would appreciate your opinion on this. I am now seriously considering Grand Prince Akasaka as an option because of the location. I would like to know if the rooms are just as comfortable.

Thank you.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,992 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prince Park Tower or Oakwood Akasaka

>>>Grand Prince Akasaka is better in terms of location, but how do the rooms compare to the ones in Prince Park Tower? Shibuyako, I would appreciate your opinion on this. I am now seriously considering Grand Prince Akasaka as an option because of the location. I would like to know if the rooms are just as comfortable.<<<

The standard twin rooms at GP Akasaka is bigger—37 m2 vs. 28 m2. The rooms are always clean and in good repair but they are showing wear and tear. What I mean by this is old furniture, worn carpets and bathroom fixtures that are showing age, etc.

If you are not a picky person, the rooms will be perfectly acceptable. They are spacious and offer super comfy beds, large and deep bathtub and great views.

Another thing is that the GP Akasaka has become a major Chinese and Korean tour group hotel. Once I was at the lobby when several busloads of a Chinese tour group arrived and formed a line of 70-80 persons for checking in. That was the last time I stayed at the hotel because the last thing I want to do is to stand at the end of a long line to check in after a long journey from the US.

Again, the location is one of the best in Tokyo in terms of convenience for sightseeing. There are numerous dining options within a short walk too.

The Prince Park is not as conveniently located but you have access to 2 subway lines within a 5-minute walk. I often take the subway Mita Line to Hibiya (3rd stop, 6 min.) Here you have access to 4 subway lines and JR Yamanote Line at Yurakucho Station. The other subway line (Oedo) near the hotel takes you straight to Shinjuku and Roppongi.