We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimbashi or Shinjuku hotels?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Shimbashi or Shinjuku hotels?

Planning December trip. Found 4 hotels - Park Hotel, Keio Hotel, Dai Ichi Hotel, Rihga Royal - in either Shinjuku or Shimbashi. First time Tokyo visit. Which neighborhood - which hotel? Your thoughts appreciated. My wife and I like to explore - find local foods/sites. NoOt party animals or bar hopppers. Thanks to all & TA!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimbashi or Shinjuku hotels?

The Park Hotel is actually in Shiodome - there's a thread with some healthy debate on the merits of Shiodome @ tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298184-i861-k2195… - personally I like Shiodome and given you're not particularly looking for a party nightlife it would be fine. There are plenty of variety of restaurants in the area including some with some spectacular views from places like Shiodome City Center (the restaurants are on the 41 and 42 floors)

The Park Hotel is a good hotel - 5-10 minutes walk to Shimbashi station and Ginza, close to the Fish Markets and right next to a monorail station to Odaiba.

Shinjuku is a bit more mainstream nightlife with plenty of little bars and restaurants - I'm sure others will comment on it's merits.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shimbashi or Shinjuku hotels?

I've stayed in Keio Plaza and it's a fairly nice hotel but it's about a block or two from Shinjuku station and there's not too much right around it. I think there was a KFC and McDonald's fairly close by.

One thing I do remember about the hotel is that one of the Shinjuku subway lines runs right under the hotel so you can hear the subway noise coming through the vents in the hotel room...not a big distraction though.

The Metropolitan government building is right across the street (the backside of the hotel).

3. Re: Shimbashi or Shinjuku hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 01:19