We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

souvenirs to bring back

Sepang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
souvenirs to bring back

i'm going to tokyo around october, and i am not sure what is the seasonal item to bring back around that time?

also, is there any place in tokyo that sells minature samurai swords? or is that even no allowed to be sold?

Yokohama
Level Contributor
899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: souvenirs to bring back

>> is there any place in tokyo that sells minature samurai swords?

Do you mean this kind of sord? If so, you can buy this at Asakusa Nakamise street. But I'm not sure you can legally bring back to your country.

shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/goodsList.jsp…

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,383 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: souvenirs to bring back

Maybe you can have the sword shipped back directly from the shop.

Sepang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: souvenirs to bring back

i was thinking more towards those key-chain style katanas.

also, a couple more items

where can i get fans? maybe massproduced, maybe handpainted, but spesifically japanese-themed folding fans?

and yeah, what is THE seasonal thing for october to bring back home for the family? i know i will hit the 100-yen shop for small trinkets, but other than that? Any ideas?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: souvenirs to bring back

Go to Oriental Bazaar at Omotesando. It has everything you are looking for.

Its located next to Dior at the bottom of the hill towards Harajuku.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: souvenirs to bring back

For fans there's a store I like in Asakusa. Heading down Nakamise from the temple, turn right onto the main shopping street. I think it's a block or two away. They also have some other nice little traditional items. The atmosphere is much calmer than on Nakamise. In the same area there's a store selling ceramics--everything from 500-yen tea cups to very expensive pieces.

6. Re: souvenirs to bring back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:16