We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National museum of emerging science and innovatio

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
National museum of emerging science and innovatio

Hi,

Has anyone been here? Can you tell me is it something that adults would find interesting or is it gears are families with younger children?

Thanks

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National museum of emerging science and innovatio

I've was there in February. I'd say it's geared toward high-school kids, and it was packed with loud ones when I went there. They kinda' ruined it for me.

It was interesting to see Asimo (the walking robot from Honda that looks like a little guy in a spacesuit,) and there were some narrated 3-D films about astronomy in a little theater that were very interesting.

You can see everything in a couple hours. For such a large building, I was surprised at how little floorspace was devoted to science exhibits. If there weren't so many kids there, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National museum of emerging science and innovatio

Thanks that is helpful. I think we will plan the day and if we have a spare hour or so we will go. If not we will not feel like we have missed too much.

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National museum of emerging science and innovatio

I found National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology to be interesting. It is a bit far but they have the buildibng that displays prototype AI robots, future batteries, fuel cells, PV panel performance evaluation, see thru PV panel windows, clear glass UV PV sample, nano tubes, etc., etc.

aist.go.jp/aist_e/sst/exhibition_guide.html

Not many people are visiting yet(& no kids) but you will see what's coming out of japan in the future.

4. Re: National museum of emerging science and innovatio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 17:29