We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Hi all,

My flight is slated to be getting in from Salt Lake City to Tokyo at 4:25pm on June 19. What do you think the odds are of my making it to the Sheraton Miyako by 7:15pm? How about to the omotesando area? I know there's a 5:25 pm limobus and a 5:45 n'ex train to shinagawa but I don't know about reliability etc. Which would you recommend taking if speed is absolutely the most important factor?

Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
680 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

You'll just make it with the NEX which is always on time. The limobus will stall in commute traffic. You've picked the worst time to attempt this.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Interesting -- I wouldve thought the limobus would have been going against traffic at that hour, no?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
680 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

No, you're thinking too much NY. Their streets are jammed at that hour in all directions.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Actual on time performance data:

…blogspot.com/2008/09/limousine-bus-actual-d…

A 5:25 direct limousine bus will get you in under 2 hours.

Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Personally I like the bus as you can store your bags in the baggage area. This makes the trip much more relaxed but you may get caught in traffic. If you take the train you will need to hold your bags but you will arrive at a predictable time.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

>>>> Which would you recommend taking if speed is absolutely the most important factor?<<<<

5:45 NEX will get you to Shinagawa at 6:55 sharp. Take a taxi from Takanawa Exit and you should arrive at Sheraton Miyako by 7:15.

The limobus may or may not take longer than 2 hours to get to the first hotel. If your hotel is say, 3rd stop, it'll take additional 20-30 minutes. Generally speaking, Friday and Saturday afternoons are the worst time for the bus.

If you can make the 5:11 Skyliner or 5:14 NEX, you'll reach Shinagawa after a transfer at Nippori or Tokyo Station, respectively.

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

About the NEX and luggage being an issue.....it's not. NEX has luggage racks at the end of every car. If it were me trying to meet a time deadline, I'd take the train for sure.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

This is a theoretical number and will vary depending on traffic. There is no variance using the NEX or Skyliner, other than being perhaps 20 seconds late or early.

<<<A 5:25 direct limousine bus will get you in under 2 hours. >>>

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,435 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Another vote for NEX here, plus it's cheaper than the Limobus with the NEX-Suica package.

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: arrive at NRT 4:25pm -- limobus or n'ex?

Yes it is a theoretical number BASED on past performance data of Limousine Bus statistics, so it's not something I pulled out of thin air or simply made up for the heck of it.