We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

arriving on a Monday at 18.45. There will be 3 of us with suitcases. Never been to Tokyo and nervous about how we get to the hotel. Help.

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

should have said we'd been given a limobus link limousinebus.co.jp/en/…shiba_h.html

but it only seems to go to The Prince Park Tower Tokyo / Tokyo Prince Hotel at the time we need to travel?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

You can take the limobus to the Tokyo Prince and take a short cab ride or take the NEX train to Tokyo station, transfer to the Yamanote Line to Hamamatsucho then take a short cab ride.

The limobus is easier but you might get stuck in traffic. If you decide on the NEX, get the Suica/NEX package:

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

We could probably walk from Hamamatsucho. However if people are employed to pack you onto trains would 3 foreigners - one a short teenager - be able to get on with large cases? I'm worried about our child getting crushed in the rush.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

Your flight arrives at 18:45, right? So, you'll be taking the 19:45 or later NEX. By the time you get to Tokyo Station, the rush hour will be over and the Yamanote Line won't be too crowded--you'll be able to get on with your suitcases. The NEX seats are all reserved and there is a big luggage rack in each car.

Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

Morning :-)

Family of four, caught the limobus from Narita to Tokyo Prince...and a very short cab ride to Shiba Park...I am presumming Shiba Park Hotel... When returning to Narita your hotel can organize the limobus to pick you up from the front door of the hotel.

When it comes to family groups and lugguage...I will recommend limobus

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

Thank you. Can you remember what the taxi cost? I haven't managed to find an online taxi fare estimator for Tokyo.

england
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

Yes the flight arrives 18.45 and the hotel is the Shiba Park. I've found this subway map tokyometro.jp/rosen/rosenzu/pdf/rosen_eng.pdf

but nothing (yet) that tells me times or fares on the subway so still trying to work out what's best.

Have had to get the travel agent to arrange the return trip as we have to be at the airport early - costing a fortune!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
48,884 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

"but nothing (yet) that tells me times or fares on the subway so still trying to work out what's best."

Train fares and schedules - www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

From memory taxi only cost about $10.00 then approx 1000 yen... expect to pay more now depending on exchange rate.

The hotel is in walking distance although after travelling and lugging suitcases it would be better to taxi it.

Tokyo Tower is a pleasant and easy walk from Shiba Park Hotel and make sure you visit the Buddist Temple just down the road....we would visit daily ..very peaceful.

The area seems to be close to a business district and there are many places to eat and many convenience stores for supplies.

The staff are very helpful...and warning Watch out for the french cafe attacted to the hotel....the food absolutely delectable...

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Narita airport to Shiba Park Hotel

If you take the NEX, you'll take JR Yamanote Line to Hamamatsucho. This is a ground level train, not metro. They come every 2-3 minutes and the fare is 150 yen. The taxi fare from Hamamatsucho to the Shiba Park should be less than 1,000 yen if the traffic is light. At Hamamatsucho, go out of North Exit and go left, a taxi stand is right there.