We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
763 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

we are off to Japan this week. we will be spending 4 full days in Tokyo. We wanted to take a day trip one of the days. Are there any good beer breweries that are close to Tokyo, where it would be interesting to do a tour/tasting?

any other day trip suggestions? I am not too keen on going just for Temples. We will be in Kyoto, so i am sure we will get our temple fix there. I would love to be around Mt Fuji, but seeing as its July, I dont think we'll actually get to see it.

thanks

seattle
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

Ebisu Garden Place? There is a beer museum there.

…about.com/cs/…japanesebeer.htm

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-368859.html

We went for the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, also located there, so can't comment on the beer garden. I can recommend the photography museum, though.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

I have been to the real Suntory brewery (bottling and everything) at Musashino that I enjoyed very much. You need to make an appointment in advance.

Here is a list of breweries near Tokyo.

jnto.go.jp/eng/…breweries.html

I have never been to the Kirin brewery in Yokohama, but I love the place name: "Nama Mugi"

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

Hi, I also have a question

1/ www.sapporobeer.jp/english/guide/yebisu/

Tour is in Japanese only or English is available too?

2/ On the site they mentioned that admission is free but tasting is extra charge. How much, any ideas?

thanks

4. Re: Any brewery tours around Tokyo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 06:17