We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Vancouver,BC
14 posts
Save Topic
What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Hi everyone,

I will be spending only 1 day in Tokyo. I have to get back to my hotel near Narita Airport. What time is the latest Transportation to bring me back to Narita Airport ? I would like to see a bit of Tokyo lights!

Thank you!

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Hi, Cool-DJ,

Just a few questions.

When is your flight arriving?

Are you spending the night at Narita? (You can check into your hotel "whenever." Just e-mail them and say "late check-in.")

If you know where you want to be, you can check your train schedule. www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

Good luck!

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Addendum:

If you leave Keisei Ueno (which might be the closest "city" lights of Tokyo) at 11:13 pm, you'll get to Keisei Narita (city, not airport) at around 12:40 am. It's a 5 minute walk to JR Narita station (not airport).

The last train to Narita AIRPORT from Keisei Ueno leaves at 9:35, arrival at 10:56 (transfer once at Yachiodai).

Vancouver,BC
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

I arrive in Narita Airport on August 1st around 3pm. Check-in Hotel. Then in the morning I plan to go visit Tokyo the whole day. So I want to stay until around 10pm and go back to my Hotel in Narita Airport. Is it possible ? With traveling for maximum 1h30 to go back to the hotel. Thank you for your advices!

Asia
Level Contributor
892 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Checkin time for NRT is 2.5hrs before flight ETA, so leave 5hrs before your flight's ETA if you're taking the coach or no later than 4hrs if you're taking the DEX.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,790 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Why don't you stay in central Tokyo? If your flight departs at 9:30 AM or later, you can take the first NEX and be there 2 hours before the departure time. Check in will be very quick in the morning.

Vancouver,BC
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Sorry for the misunderstanding

August 1st: Arrive in Narita Airport at 3pm

August 2nd: Visit whole day in Tokyo

August 3rd: Leaving Tokyo for Vietnam at 6pm

I want to know on August 2nd, I want to get out of Tokyo as late as possible, around 10pm max. Is it possible ?

Thank you

Vancouver,BC
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

I don't stay in Tokyo because hotel are too expensive!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,089 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

Hotels in Tokyo don't have to be expensive. There are decent hotels for single occupancy in the center of Tokyo for about 6000-8000 yen a night including breakfast. How much are you getting for the Narita Airport hotel?

I would go out to Tokyo Aug 1, Aug 2, (that's staying 2 nights) then check out Aug 3, head to airport by airport limousine or NEX around 1:00pm.

No need to stay in Narita airport area, you restrict all the time you have to sightsee and enjoy Tokyo fully. Just my opinion.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

You don't take a flight next day. In your case, I suggest you to stay in central Tokyo; you will save time and perhaps money for the transportation.

Do you know Narita Airport is not in Tokyo? It's in Chiba, different prefecture/state. It's about 80 km/50 mile away from JR Tokyo station. Imagine you are staying in Vancouver and go to Seattle every day for sightseeing, though the distance between YVR-SEA is more miles. But the thing/image is similar.

I understand your thought, "Narita hotels are cheaper than central Tokyo."

How much do you pay for it in Narita? There are many nice hotels that you can afford your Tokyo hotel stayings. Please try to search by booking sites called Japanican or Rakuten.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,089 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the latest time to leave TOKYO for NARITA AIRPORT ?

June, isnt' that what I just said ?