We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nex or narita bus

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bethesda
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
nex or narita bus

Can someone tell me what the price is for going from narita to shinjuku (sunroute plaza hotel) using the narita bus compared to using narita express train? Thanks.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,460 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nex or narita bus

NRT-->Shinjuku:

Limobus: 3000 yen. One way fare + 1day Metro Free Pass=3,100 yen

NEX: 3,310 yen. One way fare + 2000 yen worth Suica card= 3,500 yen.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,151 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nex or narita bus

I suggest you take the Suica-NEX package which gives you a NEX ticket for an effective price of 1,500 Yen. The hotel is just a 2 to 3 minute walk from the south side of the station and it's very easy to locate.

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

El Centro...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nex or narita bus

You can take the Keisei train fron Narita Airport to Ueno Station (1000 Y) and take the Yamanote line train to Shinjuku sta. (160 Y) 7 min. walk from there

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,460 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nex or narita bus

As Sammy suggests, the Suica/NEX combo is the best deal. The Suica card is a very convenient card to have (a must in my opinion.)

Unless you're on a very tight budget, don't take the Keisei/Yamanote. Why hassle with a transfer when you can get there directly? If you want to take the Keisei Line, get off at Nippori. The transfer is easier there.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,151 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nex or narita bus

If you take Keisei Limited Express, the total cost is 1,190 Yen (1,000 Yen Keisei plus 190 Yen JR Yamanote). You save 310 Yen. In my opinion, NEX is the better deal. For 310 Yen, you don't have to deal with the transfer and you will likely save 15 to 20 minutes.

As Shibuyakko said, transfer at Nippori if you take Keisei, not at Ueno. From Keisei Ueno to JR Ueno, you have to walk outside across the street. At Nippori, it's just up and down a couple escalators inside.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
88 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nex or narita bus

Another consideration is if you are traveling light the NEX is the best bet - if traveling with many suitcases I would take the Limobus.

bethesda
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nex or narita bus

I'm sorry, i don't understand how the suica plus nex works. Could you explain it alittle more? I looked at your link at it doesn't help me understand it. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,151 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nex or narita bus

Suica-NEX:

Original cost of NEX ticket to Shinjuku: 3,310 Yen

Cost of Suica-NEX package: 3,500 Yen which includes

-NEX ticket to greater Tokyo (including Shinjuku)

-Suica card worth 1,500 Yen (a stored value card that you can use to travel within Tokyo and beyond on JR trains, non-JR trains such as Odakyu and Tobu, and subways. Cost of travel is automatically deducted as you go through the gates. You don't actually get a discount but you don't have to mess with the ticket machines of various companies so it's very convenient. When the 1,500 Yen runs out, just recharge at any station. The card is also good for convenient store purchases, etc).

-A refundable deposit of 500 Yen that you can get back at the end of your trip at a JR Travel Service Center. If you have value remaining on your card, a 210 Yen handling fee will be assessed so it's best to use every Yen before returning the card.

If you do the math, 500 Yen (refundable deposit) + 1,500 Yen (usable Suica credit) = 2,000 Yen, meaning the NEX ticket has an actual cost of 1,500 Yen since the total package costs 3,500 Yen.

9. Re: nex or narita bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 19:31
Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nex or narita bus

This may not be relevant.....but I just wanted to add that if you will be picking up a JR rail pass when you arrive at Narita, then NEX is covered with the pass. But if not getting the railpass, then of course as previously mentioned the Sucia/NEX pass is the best deal.

Also, NEX has luggage racks in the end of each car to stash your luggage so it usually isn't a problem to ride NEX with luggage.