We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport check in time

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Airport check in time

My flight on the November 30th is 6pm. What time am I required to check in at the airport ?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport check in time

I believe the official line is 2 hours prior.

Recent, efficiency has increased at NRT, you can probably push it to 90 min.

Wild card is always the lines for immigration on departure.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport check in time

Thanks. One last question. With regards to the luggage locks. Do Narita Airport require TSL locks like in USA ?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport check in time

I have never heard it, but I am sure if they want to search your luggage they will.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport check in time

You should be at the check-in counter no later than 4 to 4:30pm. Anything later and you will likely start to stress a bit. Narita has a nice shopping area so even if you get there early, you can still walk around with things to do.

Narita Airport does not require TSL locks.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport check in time

Thanks again to one and all who patiently take questions and enlighten first time Tokyo travellers like us. May your tribe increase. I am all set to go to Tokyo this Thursday, hope the weather wiil be wonderful, I will make a trip report when I get back. Excitinngg .....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport check in time

To the original poster--does your ticket or the website of your airline give you general directions regarding how far in advance you should show up? Maybe I am the paranoid type, but I always end up 2/12 hours early at least for an international flight. No use showing up late for your flight is my motto! Besides, there are sufficient stores, restaurants at Narita that you can while away a bit of time without a problem.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport check in time

I am flying Northwest Airlines. Will check on your tip, better safe than sorry.... Thanks. Have a great evening ahead.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport check in time

I believe they have the master TSA keys for all TSA-approved locks at Narita. At least, that's what I was told when I checked bags before.

9. Re: Airport check in time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 07:20