We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
JAKARTA
Level Contributor
189 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Hi, can someone advise me the estimated cost to go from Shinjuku to Ginza by taxi? I'm transfering between hotels so I have luggage and I think won't be convenient to take train/subway.

Thanks.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,564 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

The cost would be approximately 2900-3100yen.

Depending on start and end point.

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
189 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Wow.. That's expensive. Anyway, thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

AND traffic !

We took Taxi from Aoyama area... back to Ebisu..... because of traffic... it was 4500 yen !!!

From shinjuku to Odaiba, we transferred hotel with kids, and luggage.... I used Takkyubin service when we checked out, headed out to sightsee, went back to the next hotel by around 7pm.... checked in, luggage was already there in our room. You could consider this, and that way, you don't waste your day of sightseeing/touring.... for checking out, transferring and checking in !

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,564 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Tokyo Taxis are 710yen for the first 2km and 90yen for any additional 288m.

Depending on how much luggage you need to transfer consider the cost of delivery service for one big one and hand carry the rest.

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
189 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Is there a cheaper alternative besides Taxi like trains? I think there is a large train station in Shinjuku called Shinjuku station that have trains to Tokyo Station. I can take a taxi from Tokyo station to my hotel which should be much cheaper. But are the trains themselves luggage friendly? I know the Narita express is luggage friendly but not sure others.

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
189 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

Wait, the Narita Express goes from Shinjuku station to Narita Airport and on the way pass by Tokyo Station. So does that means I can take Narita Express from Shinjuku to Tokyo Station?

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

How much luggage do you have?

You can take the Chuo Line from Shinjuku to Tokyo station. 13 minutes, 190 yen

Or you can take the Marunouchi Subway Line from Shinjuku to Ginza. 16 minutes, 190 yen.

As Katetam suggested, you could send your luggage via courier. www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/english/index.html

You'll need to compare prices as sending luggage can be costly if you have a few.

Taxis can only hold 4 people, plus a couple a suitcases (not a whole household's worth!) The best thing is to ask your concierge.

I've never heard of anyone taking the Narita Express to go from Shinjuku to Tokyo. You might be the first!

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/nex/index.html

Edited: 13 January 2010, 14:31
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

If you don't have lots of luggage, and no kids in tow, and you don't travel during rush hour, why not take the JR to Ginza? I don't know what hotels you are staying, so hard to say whether it's walkable with luggage or not.

You can ask the concierge of your hotel to estimate the cost of your taxi, they have always been accurate according to the time, and luggage and date when I travel, their estimate was always plus or minus about 500 yen.

JAKARTA
Level Contributor
189 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

I have two luggage bags ( one big, one small ) and a laptop bag.

As for Narita Express, it's possible isn't it? From Shinjuku station I just drop off at Tokyo Station as my hotel is near Tokyo station. But will I be able to buy such a train ticket?

Edited: 13 January 2010, 14:40
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,046 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Shinjuku to Ginza

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/charge/index.asp

Click on Narita Express, choose your departure station and your destination, and you'll see the price.

Edited: 13 January 2010, 14:55