We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

singapore
4 posts
top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

wife and husband 1st time in tokyo - want to know the top 10 best places may it be for sightseeing, food-ing, parks, etc any good guides?

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,330 Reviews
from US$141.40*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
952 Reviews
from US$65.70*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
125 Reviews
from US$54.70*
New York
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
1 review
1. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

Dezz,

Will you have full 4 days in Tokyo? If so, you can visit many attractions. Tokyo Disney is currently the most popular attraction among Asian tourists, and I’d strongly recommend it since it is a lot of fun! I also recommend Sensoji Temple, Imperial Palace, and Ginza for sightseeing, also Roppongi and Shinjuku for evening/nightlife. I can’t give you the top 10 recommendations without knowing who you are and/or what you guys would like to see/do though.

If you have full 4 days, you may want to consider taking a day trip to Kamakura or Hakone/Mt Fuji.

Kamakura is an old town with many temples and shrines, and you can see cultural Japan there. It is about an hour away from Tokyo by JR train. Kamakura is sometimes called the Kyoto of Eastern Japan. Please go to "http://www.kamakuratoday.com/e/" for further information. It is highly recommended if you don't visit Kyoto.

Hakone is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park, less than 100 kilometers from Tokyo. You can take a train or bus from Shinjuku/Tokyo/Shinagawa/etc to go to Hakone. You may be able to enjoy seeing "Mt. Fuji" in Hakone if the weather is nice. Please check out http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html for further info.

singapore
4 posts
2. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

thank you edokko for your tips. I'll have 4 full days and will surely try to make it to the places you mentioned. Our 2 prime spots remain disneyland and mt fuji (not climbing it though). We have made a booking in one of those weekly apartments in akasara, was told the facilities are not bad at all and it's easy to move around - cheers

sp
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

Hi, dezzz.

Could you tell me the name/site of the weekly apartment you have booked?

I have booked a business hotel, but maybe an apartment would be cheaper.

Thank you,

Rose

new york
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

dezzz,

Check out Fodor's top 25 Tokyo guide.

This guide was very helpful for our first time there last month. We marked off everything we wanted to see, then purchased unlimited metro day pass and went sight hopping. You can usually fit at least 2-3 sights in each day and top it off with a nice dinner/drinks. Happy planning!

new york
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

Also, please see some of my other postings on excursions outside of Tokyo.

Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

We've just gotten back from Japan and spent the first 2 days and last day in Tokoyo. Not sure what you like but the things we both loved most were the following :

Hakone - onsen and Kaiseki cuisine - ultimate experience, relaxing and the FOOD is glorious. Hakone has lovely nature sights- volcanic vents, bubbling springs and on a clear day it has a SPECTACULAR view of Fuji-san and was easy to get to around with the Hakone rail pass.

Harajuku and Shrine - The sunday Harajuku crowd is something to be seen. The kids are dressed up to be photographed and play it to the max - Goths, barmaids, Borg, superheros. The shrine next door is very calming. We were fortunate to witness a traditional temple wedding and it was also the 3,5,7 festival so it was filled with kids dressed in kimonos :-)

Shinjuku at night is busy if you want to see neon lights. The government building has a lookout on the top floor to see tokyo at night.

Ueno - has a fantastic street market selling everything from food, to shoes, golfclubs and retro gear!!! You do see the poor around the lake there... but it is another side of tokyo to check out.

If you like food, and I'm not sure what your budget is like... but you can check out the iron chef restaurants around Tokyo...YUMMY!!

Hope this helps abit :-)

new york
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

Eggs&Banana,

Glad to hear that you had a great time.

You'd be a great advisor and might want to help out rose on "23 days in japan".

Since its still fresh in your mind.

West Virgina
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

If you have even the slighest interest, I suggest an afternoon/evening at kabuki at the National Theater. They have English language earphones which describe the action and explain kabuki in general. It was $25.00 per person for an afternoon performance which went from 12:00 to 4:30. It was the highlight of my trip. The costumes and stagecraft and acting were fabulous. There are a number of breaks and a long intermission when you can grab a quick meal. You don't have to stay for the whole performance, just as much as you'd like. The natives brought bags and ate snacks during the breaks.

We had tried to see a single act at the Kabuki-za but it was sold out an hour before the act.

9. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2005, 22:25
las vegas
1 post
10. Re: top 10 best places to go in tokyo in 4 days?

wat are some of the things that you loved doing when you wher there can you tell me wat good things to do when i get there and wat good places to go and eat at and good things that i can do????

yvette