We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

Chicago
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

I read somewhere on the internet that there is no pin trading at Tokyo Disneyland. Is this true? How disappointing for a Disney fan if it is.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo Disneyland
5,611 Reviews
Urayasu, Japan
Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

There is no pin trading going on at Tokyo Disney Resort but they can be bought from shops or won in some of the park's carnival games.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Chicago
Level Contributor
491 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

What a bummer. I wonder why they don't do it there.

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

Apparently they used to have it but was canceled. They didn't have it when I was there a couple weeks ago.

It might be partially because the Tokyo Disney Resort is not controlled by the Disney company. Just my speculation but maybe it didn't work well with the locals (or too well considering the Japanese obsession to collect stuff haha).

Edited: 18 April 2010, 05:47
Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

More trading = less sales?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

However I guess that they then lose some of the revenue from people who choose not to come there then due to that reason.

Is it possible that most of the people who would want to trade pins are visitors from overseas and they don't want problems with the language barrier etc.?

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

Maybe their focus for the parks is just different. Despite this, Disney Resort is still very worth visiting and I had a very enjoyable experience there. So I hope it doesn't put off too many potential visitors that there is no pin trading.

7. Re: Tokyo Disneyland - Pin trading?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 06:20