We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Keukenhof
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

Going from Shinjuku-station to Tokyo-station with Yamanote-line. From there we go for a walk....starting at Palace East Gardens, thereafter to Koishikawa Korakuen Garden and at last to Rikugien Garden, where we can take Yamanote line back to Shinjuku. Do you think it is do-able ? We don't look at a mile/km more or less. Without the parkwalkings I think it's about 7 km/5 miles, is that right ?

Thanks,

Otto.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,093 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

From the Hirakawa-mon or Kitahanebashi-mon exits at the north end of the East Garden, it looks like a mile and a half to the entrance of Koishikawa Korakuen (the entrance is at the north-west corner.

I think it is two miles from Koishikawa Korakuen to Rikugien. Maybe you should take the Tokyo Metro Nanboku Line from Korakuen station to Komagome.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

>> I think it's about 7 km/5 miles, is that right ?

Yes, it's about 4.2 miles. See the link.

http://tinyurl.com/22p54p3

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

If you are going from Shinjuku to Tokyo Station take the JR Chuo Line instead.

You'll save yourself 15minutes off the trip.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

I think you're going to get lost. That part of Tokyo has streets that go in every which direction. It's better to take the public transportation. You'll be spending too much time walking from one park to the other that you won't be able to enjoy the parks themselves.

…tokyo-park.or.jp/en/koishikawa/access.html

Ditto tokyosubway's comment. Take the Chuo Line from Shinjuku to Tokyo.

Be sure to use the hyperdia site to look for the best mode of transportation. The closet subway station to Palace East Gardens is Takebashi. Or you can walk thru the Budokan park to Kudan-Shita station.

Or go back to Tokyo, take the Chuo Line to Ochanomizu station, transfer to Sobu Line to get to Iidabashi station.

Rikugien is out by Komagome station on the Yamanote line.

If you really want to walk it, go to the Kudan-Shita intersection and follow the main road towards Iidabashi. I would say it'll be about an hour between the first two parks.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

easily doable.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,511 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

From the East Garden to Koishikawa Garden is doable but I don't recommend walking to Rikugien. Remember that these parks are big, so you'll do a whole lot of walking anyway.

From the East Garden, I'd walk Hakusan Dori and make a left at Sotobori to get to Koishikawa. From Koishikawa to Rikugien; take subway Namboku Line at Korakuen to Komagome, 7 minutes, 160 yen.

7. Re: Walking distances between some TOKYO-PARK's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 05:18