We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Hi, We were firm on going to Disney sea until we read the reviews for Disneyland....we will only have one day available to go....what should we do? Will our 10 year old be bored? He doesn't like scary rides....or mickey mouse.....what to do.

Also, is there a way to plan your day there online so we maximise our time well?

Thank you so much for your advice! We leave for Japan tomorrow so we are super excited!!

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

I recently visited Tokyo Disneyland and I think there are things more than enough to do even for two days. And also, I heard that disney sea is basically targeted adults while disneyland is for all ages.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Thank you so much for your advice....my partner was a bit devestated when I told him we were going to Disneyland instead...he'd seen some photos of Disneysea online and they were/are AMAZING...a visual feast....but Disneyland it is. Thanks for your advice!

Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Actually, when we visited disney, our daughter was 3 the first time. We all then preferred Sea, and still do. It has a great "undersea" area that caters to little ones, a beautiful Allsdin theme merry go round, and a really cool interactive medieval castle and ship that kids love. Plus the theming at Sea is excellent. I'd go to Sea again even after 3 visits to Disney.

Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

There are lots of attractions at DisneySea targeted toward children as well. I wouldn't say Disneyland is more for kids and Sea is more for adults as both offer something for everyone just that they are differently themed. Might want to go through the list on their official website and weight for yourself which you would prefer.

scotland
Level Contributor
208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

I opted for disney sea because Tokyo is currently the only place to have one. I can get a disneyland anywhere.

My impression is like others it's a different theme, and lot's to do for the kids.

I tried the underground area with all the kiddy reies, even convincing my 16 year old to go on some of the rides with me (with the excuse that this would be the last time we could treat him like a kid), and we had a load of fun.

Only thing i would say is balance out of season with crowds. We went out of season midweek to avoid the queue's but it was so quiete that some of the stores and street activities were closed. If you go out of season maybe go at a weekend and if you go in season avoid weekends at all costs.

On disney land....you just know it's a safe bet for the age of your kids!

Enjoy

Qatar
Level Contributor
174 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Just been to Disneyland and DisneySea last week, spending 2 days each. Honestly, there is more stuff to see for kids in Disneyland and more options for kids not wanting scary rides. In DisneySea, you should already eliminate Journey to the Center of the Earth, Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion... which I think are the best rides in DisneySea.

Here's the first part of our experience at DisneySea:

…lifeonthespot.com/2010/…

Qatar
Level Contributor
174 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Here's the 2nd part of our DisneySea trip

…lifeonthespot.com/2010/…

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

Thank you for posting the link to your blog. Read the parts about DisneySea, and am bookmarking to go back after our Thanksgiving holiday to read the remainder of the report. Headed to Japan for 11 nights in March 2011 with two 15 yo boys.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

if you've been to Disneyland, in USA, its pretty much the same thing.

Disney Sea is a theme park based on the destinations in movies. So you will feel like you're in the 18th Century america, or Venice etc. The rides are better, but less disney characters than Disneyland. If you want 'Disney' Disneyland is better. To see a cool amusement park. Disney sea.

10. Re: Disneyland or Disney Sea with kids aged 3,7 and 10??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2011, 05:19