We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi to all DE

I have searched the forum but not really finding the information I need.

I will be arriving at Haneda International Terminatl at about 10.30pm. I am concerned that if it takes too long, I might miss the last monorail train to town.

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to clear immigration and luggage collection at this hour?

I got mixed information regarding the Yamanote line operation hour - some websites say it's just past midnite while I have also read somewhere that it runs till 1am. Which one is the correct one?

I will be staying in Mitsui Garden Ueno Hotel. If I missed the last monorail train to town, is the taxi the only option? If yes, approximately how much is the taxi fare to town?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Japan
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

The last mono-rail leaves Haneda International at 0:10 and it catches the last train to Ueno at Hamamatsucho. You have prenty of time at Hamamatsucho station.

Late night taxi from Haneda to Ueno may cost more than USD100.

Sorry I have no idea how long it will take to go through all the regulations, but I expect you will be all right if plane arrives on time.

Yokohama
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

In case you missed last mono-rail from Haneda, you can still catch bus to Shinagawa at 0:40 then take taxi to ueno, cost about 5,000Yen.

Mentioned in this post
Shinagawa
Shinagawa
Tokyo, Japan
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi tadanojisan - thanks for your response. Hope my plane will not be delayed & I will be able to get on the last monorail

Hi Hirano - do you mean the Airport Limousine Bus? Where can I board the bus?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

You can check your options here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298184-s301/Tokyo:Ja…

You should be able able to get a train. Last Keihin Tohoku Line train from Hamamatsucho is 24:51.

Taxi from Haneda to locations in Tokyo and environs run on fixed fare. Its 8,000 yen plus tolls after 10 pm to Ueno.

Many passengers on this Air Asia X flight inquire about late night transport but there doesn't seem to be too much problem.

Edited: 28 August 2011, 14:07
Yokohama
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Yes, I mean late night airport limousine bus service.

hnd-bus.com/route/…fromnhaneda

There are many guide maps at the airport.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi Hirano/Yamanote

Thanks for your replies. Will check out the options & links you proivded.

Singapore
Level Contributor
140 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi, I suggest checking out the airport limousine bus service, might make your life easier as you do not need to lug your luggage all around, but you might have to check out the nearest drop off point and take a cab or walk from there.. :) Went in Aug via Cathay, I had a bus shuttle to bring us in from our plane to the luggage area, that will cost you some time as well as they need to transfer the luggage. You can buy the bus tickets at the airport. Y1200

Surabaya
Level Contributor
150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

We arrived at Haneda last Aug 27 at 10 pm

We had to take the bus from the airplane to the terminal building

It only took us less than 10 minutes to clear immigration (the queues at non-Japanese lines were minimal)

And when we got to the baggage carousel (right behind the immigration counter), the bags (not just ours) were already there

All in all, it took us approx. 30 minutes from the time we unbuckled the seat belt to the time we arrived at the limousine bus ticket counter

Well, our bags came out fast and we had "front seats" at the plane so we got off pretty quickly

But I guess you'd be able to make it within 45 minutes

And the limousine bus was indeed a blessing

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi cookiemonster

Thanks for the suggestion but I think for the hotel I am staying in, taking the subway is more convenient for us

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving at Haneda International Terminal at abt 10.30pm

Hi JaySiauw

Thanks for sharing, knowing that clearing immigration and collecting luggage is a brezze really helps so as not to miss the last monorail train from Haneda :)