We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

Kabul
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

I would like to take a trip to Japan in the 2012 upcoming year. I find myself in Turkey. I don’t think I’ll ever be closer than this, so why not? My interests would be more for fashion (specifically Japanese denim). I would plan to do a lot of shopping while I’m there. I would like to visit a place with nice gardens, museum and possibly a tattoo parlor if I have the time. I would also like to take in some cultural events. Possibly a sumo wrestling match, or geisha show. I’m unsure which city is the best to go to for the price, especially when it concerns fashion, so I expect to be going to Tokyo. I’m also unsure if I will have a travel partner for this trip, so I may be traveling alone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Countryside Day Tour
Mountains, Bus Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Rikashitsu
Gift & Speciality Shops
Sano Miso Kameido Honten
Gift & Speciality Shops
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what your question is?

If you want to know whether Tokyo is a good place for shopping, then yes it's an amazing shopping destination :)

If you want more information about travelling in Japan, and various cities, I really recommend doing some research on this site: http://www.japan-guide.com/

Mentioned in this post
New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

kojima district in kurashiki (near okayam) is famous for denim. okayama also has one of japan's "top 3" gardens, korakuen.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

For some pricier brands, There's Evisu by Ebisu station, and Diesel in Daikanyama.

Other brands to try were featured here:

…stylesight.com/denim/tokyo-denim-trip-nigos…

…metropolis.co.jp/tokyofashion/392/tokyofash…

metropolis.co.jp/features/…

Good luck! :-)

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

Are you looking for UNIQLO, in the article snowBoardBunny linked?

Uniqlo’s denim is reasonable one. A lot of Uniqlo stores are located everywhere in suburbs of big cities, and even small towns.

You will probably choose visiting cities for other purposes: Kyoto is the city for nice gardens, and geisha show although I dont have any idea for Geisha show, but Maiko show is available at Kyoto Gion.

www.kyoto-gioncorner.com/global/en.html

note that no maiko dance show from Dec thru March.

Edited: 11 November 2011, 09:17
Mentioned in this post
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Hiroshima
Level Contributor
242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

The denim of UNIQLO is made in overseas. However, there is also a Japanese-made high-class line "Made in Japan denim". It is sold at the flagship shop of UNIQLO.

Mentioned in this post
Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

Try superfuture: http://superfuture.com/supertravel/tokyo/

Amstelveen, The...
Level Contributor
300 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

More on Japanese denim and the Osaka 5 : japanesestreets.com/reports/1313/the-quest-f…

The article also mentions some interesting cultural differences between Osaka and Tokyo. So it's also interesting if you are not into fashion.

Mentioned in this post
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
8. Re: Trip to japan for japanese denim and....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 07:42