We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita to Haneda transfer

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Narita to Haneda transfer

I'm looking to book international flights to Osaka.

The JAL flight I'm looking at connects in Tokyo. So we would land in Narita and leave from Haneda.

Do JAL organise the transfer between the two aiports.

Or do we have to organise and pay for our transport (train or bus) and carry our luggage with us.

It seems it might be easier to go with another airline that has a connection within the same aiport. Much less hassle??

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,611 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

You have a few options:

1. Book a flight that flies from Narita to Osaka Itami or Kansai Airport. The drawback is as of today, these flights start flying no earlier than 4:45pm so if you arrive early in the morning, you might have a long wait.

2. Fly into Haneda and connect in Haneda. However, inbound international flights to Haneda are limited.

3. JAL does not offer transfer between the two. You have to take your own transport. The best option is the limobus. The ride takes 100 minutes on average and buses run throughout most of the day and evening. You will have to allow around 4-5 hours between your flights in that case.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

Thanks for your quick reply.

I can't find any flights that arrive and depart from the same airport in Tokyo (with quick connections from my departure city).

So I think I will have to choose other flights that don't connect in Tokyo (its such a hassle to have to allow 4-5 hours between flights).

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

DebDeb07, if you can take a flight that goes straight to Kansai International Airport, that's better.

However, if you couldn't find such a flight to match your needs, you may still consider the bus transfer between Narita and Haneda. It may not be such a hassle that you'd think it would be. I often take the limousine bus between the two airports. It's nothing difficult, although it takes additional time and 3,000 yen.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
26,023 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

If you can't find a direct flight to KIX or flights that arrive and depart from the same airport in Tokyo, consider taking the train from Haneda or Narita to Osaka. You'll get there in~4 hours.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

Jetstar have flights from Cairns to Kansai airport

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

Yep I think Jetstar is the best option.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

After further research I found that JAL have a connecting flight from Narita aiport to Osaka so I won't have to go to the trouble of changing airports.

Just though I'd update this in case someone else was having the same issue.

Jakarta
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

Hi - I'm on the other hand already booked a ticket, and it is the other way around. Haneda to Narita. The flight arrives at Haneda at 5.00 (am) then connecting to Narita (boarding 9.30 am).

Is the connecting time is enough for traveling between Haneda to Narita?

and is the transportation from Haneda to Narita available at those hour? coz i do some research and only found out that limousine bus or monorail does not operate after midnight.

Does anyone knows what is the best possible way to transfer between both airport that those time?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
51,292 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

Haneda to Narita via Limo Bus - limousinebus.co.jp/en/…3

Dep HND - 7:40

Arr NRT - 9:05

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Narita to Haneda transfer

There's a Keikyu Train to Shinagawa station. 6.05am is the first NEX to Narita Airport (next one 6.21, then 6.47)

This route means only one change of train at Shinagawa which is quite easy. BUT it all depends on the time you clear Immigration. There are several other ways of getting there. It's too early for the Limousine bus.

You can use Hyperdia.com for other options but most require more than one change of train. And the hyperdia timetables don't factor in the time it takes you to work out how to find the station & buy a ticket! http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Can you change the flight times? You are down to the wire - what if your Haneda flight is delayed? Remember once at Narita you have to go through security checks after you get off the train (sometimes there are long lines) this is before you even get to Check-in which is a long walk from the station, then more security checks, clear Immigration & maybe a shuttle mono-rail to your gate in a satellite terminal...

Good Luck!

haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/…guidebook_en.pdf

narita-airport.jp/en/access/haneda/index.html

Edited: 08 June 2012, 13:56