We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Does anyone know how the wifi connection is at this particular Starbucks?

The ryokan of my choice has no internet connections, so I'm trying to find alternatives..^_^

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

What I understand so far, they do have wifi, but you may have to register (and pay?). I think Mac charges 10$ a month, so SB will probably be that range as well....that would be worth it for me...^_^

I booked this trip only yesterday and I'm so excited about it! My choice of stay right now is the ichifuji ryokan, which is right next to the Sennoji temple complex, but it looks to be in a non-traffic side street, so maybe fairly quiet....it would be wonderful to go out and visit the complex in the early hours before the masses come in (do they, end of November?)

It's very difficult to decide how much time to take for Tokyo! At first, I thought it would be too hectic for me, but the more I read, the more enthusiastic I become....Maybe I'll even give Disney a go...LOL

Elizabeth, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Hello Meyem,

You can rent portable wifi hotspot devices offered by mobile companies in the airport. the daily rate is about 1000jpy but the longer you rent the cheaper it gets.

Asakusa to Tokyo is less than an hour via Ginza Subway and JR Yamanote Line. To Disney, it is about an hour and a half. Public transportation to other Tokyo destinations can be found here:

travelingyoungcouple.com/2011/11/japan-tokyo…

How many days are you planning to stay? You can check-out suggested itineraries too from that same site that can be easily customized.

TravelingYoungCouple.com

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

hi JWH, thanks for that page, it's going to come in real handy!

I haven't quite worked out yet how much time I want to spend in Tokyo...so far, I've booked 4 nights, which should give me 3,5 days before I move on to Kanazawa....I'm not sure yet if I should add another night...

In total I'll have 15 actual days in Japan...some of which I want to spend in Kanazawa and then head on to Kyoto, visiting some small towns in that area...

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Tokyo is not really hectic if you can avoid the morning commuting trains. There are always some relaxing spots, a cafe or a garden where you can take refuge. Most (not all) wi-fi is not free. Either you'll have to pay for the rental pocket device or for the code. If you stay at business hotels, most rooms have a wired highspeed LAN connection, so it might be better to bring your notebook PC instead of an ipad.

Otherwise, you can go to the Clover Cafe in Asakusa across the street from Toei Asakusa Station A4 exit, as they provide free wi-fi.

http://www.geocities.jp/clovercafe_since2006/

IAsakusa has a laid back feel, and it's fun to explore old craft shops and restaurants. Enjoy!

Edited: 21 January 2012, 18:16
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Thanks, I'll check out that address! I've already extended my stay to 5 nights, because I really like the pictures of Asakusa .... I am looking forward to it so much that I am now gradually uploading my pictures from my first trip...^_^.

But....first there is summer to enoy!!

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Yokohama
Level Contributor
899 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

I'm not sure of Starbucks wifi connection but Hotspot offers prepaid Wifi service and they have access point at asakusa.

http://www.hotspot.ne.jp/en/

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Definitely withing walking distance from my ryokan...thanks...ah, and a new link...I'll check it out!

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

that hotspot seems a little unpractical...I think I'll stick to the Clover Cafe and will check out Starbucks once there...^_^

Oh, and I heard that link to FB didn't work, so here's a new one...more pics to follow.

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

Wired Cafe chain offer free wi-fi. There's one in Ueno station's Atre complex.

Wired Cafe can also be found in Shibuya (QFront), Shinjuku (Lumine), Shinagawa, Kichijoji (Atre)

http://www.cafecompany.co.jp/brands/wired/

Edited: 22 January 2012, 15:20
Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Asauksa Starbucks and wifi

I found these website very useful.

I myself haven't used but bet it will come in handy sometimes i guess.

www.softbank-rental.jp/en/phones/sim3g.php

http://www.econnectjapan.com/

https:/…pocketwifi.html