We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Hotel from Narita

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Hotel from Narita

I am trying to figure out how to get to my Hotel Century Southern Tower without using my J Rail pass. Need to save it as only am buying 14 day pass & will be there 16 days.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Hotel from Narita

You should take the N'Ex and buy the N'Ex+Suica package.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Hotel from Narita

I agree. Buy the Suica/NEX package and take the NEX train directly to Shinjuku:

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

The JR Pass exchange office at NRT often has a long queue--it's time-consuming. Activate your pass at Shinjuku Station. You can go to the Information Center at South or East ticket gate. They are open from 9am-7pm.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,673 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Hotel from Narita

You would still need to head to NRT's JR Travel Service Center to buy Suica-NEX. The last time I bought this, Suica-NEX and JR Pass exchanges had different lines. Hopefully, Suica-NEX still has its own queue so you can then follow Shibuyakko's advice and take care of the JR Pass exchange later.

At Shinjuku, later in the evening is typically the best time to go to the Travel Service Center as the line is usually shorter.

4. Re: Getting to Hotel from Narita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 05:17