We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo Disney Hotels

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Topic
Tokyo Disney Hotels

We would like to visit both Disneyland & Disneysea in Dec 12 and probably getting a 3 day pass.

Kindly advise which of the 3 Disneyland official hotels we should stay for 2 nights.

We would like to save time travelling so will prefer a hotel that is convenient to access both parks.

Thank you for the advise.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

I would have to say - MiraCosta. This is the only Disney Hotel in the world that sits in the theme park. Book those rooms that overlook the lake and volcano. There is a guest-only entrance that has direct access into the park.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

Agree, as long as you do not have a tight budget, the Miracosta is definately the choice. It will cost about $500USD/night but is definately worth every cent

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

Hi Kevin & Douglas,

Thank you for your advise.

MiraCosta is located in DisneySea? Is it easy to get to Disneyland from here?

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

The hotel has a seperate entrance from the DisneySea entrance itself. The hotel is not inside the park, it is next to the park and forms part of the "Miditerranean Harbour" of DisneySea.

Disneyland is 2 stops away on the monorail. The monorail goes around the Disney Resort in one direction.

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your recommendation.

I am now wondering how to plan my itinerary. I will probably touch down in Toyko on Sat noon & check in a hotel in Shinjuku area. Do you think I should stay 2 nights in Shinjuku, leave my luggages in the hotel, & go stay 1 or 2 nights at MiraCosta & back to Shinjuku for another 2 nights? I heard that it is very crowded at Disney on weekends & so I want to avoid the crowd & long queue for rides.

Sat - Mon: Shinjuku Hotel (Prob visit Mount Fuji & Hakone on Sun)

Mon - Wed: Disneyland & Disneysea (3 day pass?)

Wed - Sat: Back to Shinjuku (Thurs go Hello Kitty Land)

We are probably taking the express bus service and do not want to drag our luggage around. On the other hand, are we wasting time travelling to & fro & should just go direct to airport from Disneyland?

Appreciate if you can recommend a reasonable hotel which is conveniently located in Shinjuku area.

Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

hmmm... I'm not really a fan of changing hotels within the city. I would usually stay in Shinjuku or Shibuya. My favourite hotels are Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, Century Southern Tower and Tokyu Excel Shibuya. These hotels are right next to train stations therefore very convenient. I always use NEX Narita Express.

What's your reason for staying in Shinjuku? B'cos I can see that you will spend some time at the Disney Resort. Did you mention somewhere that you will have 2 kids? I believe that quite a few people here in this forum like the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay. They have family rooms.

I would recommend at least an overnite stay in Hakone. You can make day trips to Kamakura, Yokohama or Nikko.

Shinjuku is in the West, Narita is in the extreme East. Disneyland is closer to Narita as you can consider it to be Southeast.

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

Hi Kevin,

I am considering to stay at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku (assume its in Shinjuku) as not very familiar with Tokyu. Thank you for reaffirming my choice.

I will probably stay 4 nights in Sunroute Plaza and last 2 nights in Disneyland. Will consider satying 1 night at Hakone. Is it easy to take bus from Disneyland to airport?

I have not booked air tickets yet and wondering if I should use Haneda or Narita.

Thank you for your advise.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

The last time when I visit Tokyo Disneyland in Nov-2009 I stayed in Shinjuku and make the train trip (about 50-min each way) daily over 3 days.

I headed out very early like at 7.30am so that I would be at the gate at 8.30am. Usually there are long lines, 30-mins before the park opens. ;-)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

Use the airport limo bus ---> http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

4-nites Shinjuku then last 2-nites at Disney sounds much better than Shinjuku, Disney then back to Shinjuku again. The last time I stayed 9-nites at Sunroute.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 16:44
Boston
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tokyo Disney Hotels

saved.