We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of this Hostel - Khaosan Tokyo Annex - Good?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Location of this Hostel - Khaosan Tokyo Annex - Good?

KHAOSAN TOKYO ANNEX

2-2-5 Higashi-Komagata,

Sumida-ku, Tokyo

Now I been told to stay in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo cause of the transporation is best convenient

question is of the KHAOSAN TOKYO ANNEX

2-2-5 Higashi-Komagata,

Sumida-ku, Tokyo and other Khaosan Hostels are in another area.

I like these hostels ,seems quality is really good. But its not in the SHinjuku area.

Would those hostels as well be in a suitable area for easy access of transport to main sites of Tokyo? or should i reconsider and just stay in Shinjuku

If so then what hostel you suggest best? for shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,102 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of this Hostel - Khaosan Tokyo Annex - Good?

It all depends on where you are going in the vast Tokyo Metropolitan Area and out from the city. Shinjuku is a large transport hub as well as a good district to base in, but it's not necessarily the best convenient for everyone. Coping with large crowds and confusing large terminal might not be the great choice for everyone. Also, there aren't budget hostels in Shinjuku fit for tourists, and selection of budget hotels there aren't good.

However, Higashi-Komagata in Sumida Ward is not in a good place, transport wise. Please kindly do a Google Map search. There is a better located Khaosan chain hostel in central Asakusa (I think Ninja it's called), whereas I would recommend K's House Tokyo in Kuramae for transport connection.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 19:03
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of this Hostel - Khaosan Tokyo Annex - Good?

Would this be in the Asakusa area

KHAOSAN TOKYO NINJA

2-5-1 Nihombashi Bakurocho,

Chuo-ku, Tokyo

thanks

3. Re: Location of this Hostel - Khaosan Tokyo Annex - Good?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:17