Here our tentative plan, wondering if anyone has any thoughts:
Day 1 to Day 7
Explore Tokyo with 1 day trip to Nikko
Stay for the duration at Shinjuku Sunlite Hotel
Travel by train to Himeji and explore in the afternoon
Stay at either Himeji or Kobe
Stay at either Hotel Oaks Shin-Osaka or Metro 21 Hotel
Day 10 - 11
Stay at Ryokan Kohro
Back to Tokyo
Leave Tokyo on Day 13
- Any thoughts on the hotel/ryokan that we're considering?
- Will we have enough time to explore Himeji if we train directly from Tokyo?
- Any advice for some good nightlife in Shinjuku? I'll be going there with my wife, we're in our late 20s, so looking for fun but nothing too wild :)
- If anyone has some "gems" or "secret" spots in the locations above, I'd love to hear about it. I'll explore the standard tourist locations for sure, but wouldn't mind some more non-standard things as well since we've got the time.
- General remarks on the itinerary.
Thanks for all of your help in advance. Extremely appreciated.