We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

Colorado
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Topic
Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

Been monitoring boards for awhile for our upcoming trip to Japan and just found this special deal. I have not seen it here so excuse me if it has been mentioned before.

You can get a free/low cost Metro pass when you purchase a limousine bus ticket. If you buy a one way limousine ticket you get a one day pass for 100 yen. Two day Metro pass for free if you buy a round trip limousine pass. It seems that you can use the Metro pass any day. Info here: limousinebus.co.jp/discount_ticket/en/index.…

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

I guess most people find the NEX SUICA deal more useful as generally it's much faster to get into town by train & SUICA covers your Tokyo travel.

But if you know you are definitely taking the Limousine Bus then it makes sense to take up the offer. (Bear in mind that it is only good for Metro subway not JR nor Toei subway)

Keisei Skyliner also has a deal that includes a Metro Pass too.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
866 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

We plan to use the limo bus and metro pass when we vist next year.The bus drops close to our hotel and this will avoid having to lug suitcases up and down stairs at stations. Last time I was in Japan I found very few escalators and had to use stairs on many occasions. I only had a small cabin bag and don't want to have to do the same with a full sized case.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 11:41
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

The Limobus and Metro Pass is ok if you know you can ride only 9 Tokyo Metro lines.

JR Yamanote and Chuo lines, 4 Toei subway lines are not covered.

If that's ok for you, in other words, you can go where you want to go by 9 Tokyo Metro lines, the package is recommended.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 11:59
Colorado
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

Thank you for your replies. We generally use the limousine bus to and from the hotel and Narita so it is a no brainer for us. The bus is more convenient for the hotel we stay at. We plan on getting a Suica card too and the Metro pass is only a one/two day pass but for no/very little yen it is a nice bargain.

Charlie

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,121 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

Yes, it's a good bargain if your hotel is more convenient to access by Limo Bus, and if you know that it's for Tokyo Metro company lines and not for Toei Subway lines and JR or other railways.

There is also Keisei Skyliner plus Tokyo Metro Card deal, which might be handy for people staying around Ueno, Asakusa or anywhere accessed by Tokyo Metro trains.

Edited: 06 November 2012, 13:03
6. Re: Limousine Bus and Metro Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:18