We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

We have found a really cheap deal for our family of 4, to stay at hilton Tokyo bay for the week we are in Tokyo.

However, is it a difficult trip to travel between the hotel and Tokyo City everyday?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

From the hotel (next station Maihama) to Tokyo Station it's about 15 minutes on the train and will cost you 210yen per person, one way. Children are often free of charge up to ta certain age, you can check this with the hotel or at the station.

It really depends where you go. This site is good to plan any trips in and around Tokyo. It also shows the prices

http://www.hyperdia.com

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,903 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

It's not difficult at all, but 15 minutes is a bit deceptive when you are taken into Tokyo station's deep underground platforms which requires another 10 minutes walk just to get to the main platforms area by moving walkway. The Keiyo platforms are closer to Yurakucho Station than main exits of Tokyo Station.

Most Japanese people consider that as a burden so they normally don't base in Maihama for a tourist visit to Tokyo, therefore the discounted deal.

Tokyo occupies a vast area and it will require about 45 minutes by trains from Maihama to get into Shinjuku, for instance.

It's not necessarily a bad deal though, if you can don't mind the cons, I think.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

Travelling in Tokyo, especially from one side to the other, always involves time. I guess I would calculate about 1,000-1,200yen of transport cost per adult (kids less or free as mentioned above) per day. Although the fare to Tokyo Station is quite reasonable, you will use other lines during the day too, which you will have to pay extra. I hope this helps figuring out if it's worth it for you.

4. Re: Travel from Tokyo bay (Disney) hotels to Tokyo City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:16