We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narita airport transfer

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toowoomba
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Narita airport transfer

My husband and I will be visiting Tokyo for the first time in September 2013. We are unsure of the best way with the least amount of hassle to transfer from Narita airport to the city area, probably the Shinjuku area, and back to Narita airport.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,711 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narita airport transfer

Taxi: ~250USD per vehicle

Limousine Bus if your hotel is among one of the hotel stops: ~35USD per person

2. Re: Narita airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 16:42
Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Narita airport transfer

Here's the website for the limousine bus.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,003 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narita airport transfer

Another option to consider - http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,402 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narita airport transfer

If your hotel is within a 5 minutes of Shinjuku station, you are mobile, and you don't have a crazy amount of luggage, then Narita Express is a good option to consider.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narita airport transfer

The Narita Express (NEX) train is convenient, reliable, on-time, and quick. You won't have to face traffic problems that taxis or the limo buses would face. There is space for luggage storage on the NEX so you don't have to worry about that. If your hotel is close to Shinjuku station, you can just walk it if you don't have a lot of suitcases. Or, take a short taxi ride from the Shinjuku station to your hotel.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,142 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narita airport transfer

The limobus is the least amount of hassle. If your hotel is not a limobus stop, then take it to Shinjuku Station, then taxi. Taking the bus to TCAT then taxi doesn't make sense at all.

The NEX is a good option (my favorite.) Make sure to buy the Suica/NEX as mentioned.

Tokyo, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Narita airport transfer

GREEN TOMATO : http://greentomato-j.com/eng

4,800 yen per person, one way. Driver or Staff greet you at customs exit according to actual flight arrival time.

You can go to your hotel directly. You need to make a reservation in advance.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Narita airport transfer

Here's another recent thread. Disregard the title as the thread continues as it proves to be misleading.

tripadvisor.com/…49125891

Note that Green Tomato is for ONE person. Transportation by car/bus can be tricky -- it all depends on the traffic. The train will be faster and on time.

Northridge,CA
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Narita airport transfer

I knew that our United Flight arrived after the limo bus stopped running and I was looking for a way to get to our hotel for a reasonable price. The train was not an option for two older people with two large suitcases and two carry-ons (for going on a cruise). We learned about Green Tomato Airport Transfer on Trip Advisor. Their website is easy to use. I purchased the voucher on line for $48 per person, $96 for the two of us (be sure to take the voucher with you to give to the driver). Communication with them was efficient. They answered my questions quickly and in very good English. When we arrived in Tokyo, we were met at the airport by a man holding a card with our name on it. He spoke little English, but he managed to communicate that we were to going to wait at a pick up area while he went to get the vehicle. We were pleasantly surprised when he drove up in a full-sized car. We had a lovely ride into Tokyo in our private car. The price may be higher for Shinjuku. We were in Minoto.

Edited: 17 August 2013, 00:43