We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bisbane
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

I have been to Disneyland In California 3 times and Disney's Claifornia Adventure once as well as Hong Kong Disneyland.

Tokyo is next on my list and I would like to know if anyone else has done both parks in a day? I know HK Disney was so much smaller than California and if Tokyo is anything like this then i could possibly do both but having said that I don't want to miss anything because I can see from other reviews that the Sea park is very different and unique!!

I don't like rides (at all) so waiting in ques for rides is out of the equation if that helps!

thanks all

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

>>so waiting in ques for rides is out of the equation<<

I wonder why you are going to these places then, but as you seem to be a keen Disney fan, you'd have to go there.

The DisneySea is one of the only kind (a bit more adult oriented I hear), so probably you should go there over Disneyland. I don't know if anyone does both of them in one day.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 06:19
Ibaraki, Japan
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

I think, if you do not take any rides, you may have a time to visit both of the parks in a day.

But the one-day ticket is valid only for one park a day. It means that you have to buy 2 tickets if you enter 2 parks, even though it's in a day. Additionally some shows may have long waiting ques.

So I recommend you spend 2 days for 2 parks to enjoy the Tokyo Disney resort.

Have a good trip!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,187 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

Disneysea is unique so be sure to spend your day there. You will need the entire day.

I suggest not to waste money on both on the same day. If you have a second day, go to Disneyland. If you don't have the time, skip it.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
444 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

It's possible to do both - I've done it. However, if you don't have an overwhelming desire to see Disneyland, I'd recommend spending the day at Disney Sea. I don't believe they have a single-day parkhopper pass so you'd have to pay for two admissions.

Tokyo Disneyland is more in the vein of the Magic Kingdom at WDW. Parts of it feel a bit dated. The novelty isn't worth a second park admission, IMHO.

Edited: 13 August 2013, 06:08
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

I have been to Disneyland In California 3 times ... as well as Hong Kong Disneyland.>>>>>>>>

Skip Disneyland. Go to DisneySea.

Hong Kong, China
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

l've done both in one day.(but I've been to tokyo disneyland before that). i went to disney sea in the day time then to disneyland after 6 (normally both close at 10pm). the price of after 6 ticket is nearly half of the day passport but only available on specific date. check its website for detail

I did the rides, so i felt a bit out of time in the TDS

Boston
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

Skip Disneyland. Go to Disneysea. Pull your FP for two other shows.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

I went to both over two days and after day one I really did not want to go back because the longest we waited on a line was 1hour and 38 minutes. Lol so ur winning not going on rides. I think you can do both in a day if you get there really early and I suggest staying for the fireworks . I enjoyed Disney sea much more then land lol.

Singapore
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

hey its my first trip to Disney ( i am not young in my 30s) so i like to know if i only got 1 day to spend , should i go disneyland or sea ? I just want to go becos its like a dream since young. I only got 4 D in tokyo so i can only go to either 1, please advise. OR should i skip and return for both next time when i had longer days in tokyo ? ( dunno when i will return again though)

10. Re: Disneyland and Disney Sea in a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17