We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand sumo match seats

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grand sumo match seats

I purchased seats for the 9/25 matches second level c not knowing the views are they OK ? Thanks

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,996 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand sumo match seats

C seats are back on the 2nd floor--not the best seats as they are pretty far from the Dohyo (fighting ring.)

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand sumo match seats

Thanks, I guess will just have to be satisfied with just being there.

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand sumo match seats

Went ahead and got a box seat c area should be better for viewing I hope right. Once in a life time right. Live and learn guess I will just eat the other 2 tickets, don't know if I can resell those site said no refunds. Speaking of eating can I bring food into that area and take video/pictures? Box seat holds four so will have to find some friends to bring along. Yep here at work on a Saturday to pay for them.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 16:24
K J
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
715 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand sumo match seats

there are special box c seats for 2 people but they can sell out fast.

K J
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
715 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand sumo match seats

yes, you can bring in food and buy food there. Not sure about taking beer in. At the swallows games you can byob but they pour the cans into cups for you.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
25,996 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand sumo match seats

You maybe able to get a refund at the box office. It won't hurt to try. Print the following Japanese sentence and give it to the attendant along with the tickets you don't need: 払い戻しお願いします

You can take food and drink, including beer, sake etc to Kokugikan. Taking pictures/videos is not a problem. Just don't use a tripod.

Monroe, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand sumo match seats

Thank you, Shibuyakko saw web site on a previous thread you responded to . It was on my list of things to see in Japan. I mean they have been practicing this ritual for hundreds if not thousands of years not going to pass up the opportunity to experience it. I will copy translation and give it a try. Domo arigato

Edited: 14 September 2013, 22:01
8. Re: Grand sumo match seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:18