We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Hello

I am planning a trip to Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo. I am looking to go to restaurants that are modern, focused on the younger customer and/or technology-enabled as well as delicious. Any suggestions would be welcome as I am having a difficult time researching on–line. Thanks!

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

I have NOOOO idea what you're talking about, but here are a couple of sites with information about restaurants.

www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/restaurants-cafes

sunnypages.jp/travel_guide/tokyo_restaurants

I wouldn't necessarily agree that these are the "best" as there are many "better" local places that are near my train station, but it's a start if you're looking for places that are "concerned" about reviews, etc.

A perfect example of "technology enabled" would be a conveyor belt sushi place, but I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of. You might try the Robot Restaurant. The food isn't that great, but the ambiance is one-of-a-kind.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1066457-i13059-k6…

A "younger customer" would probably opt for McDonald's. Do try MosBurger, as they have a completely different mindset about "fast food" -- unique menu and will start cooking after you order (so not real "fast.")

I would say nearly all restaurants in Japan have "good food," whether they use the latest technology or not.

You could walk around Akihabara and see what sort of techy stuff they have. I have yet to find extraordinarily delicious food there, but most people aren't looking for quality there. Just the experience of walking around town.

http://akihabara-tour.com/

Edited: 15 November 2013, 01:19
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

By technology abled, do you mean touch screen menus? If that's the sort of thing you're thinking of, then you should visit a branch of a 100 yen turntable sushi place like "Kappa Zushi" They have touch screen menu you order from and then the food gets delivered automatically by a mini train thing. Problem is the sushi isn't very good! More a family place than a young people's place but very hi tech.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,362 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Even hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Japan often have portable PDA-type devices for order entry by staff, and "betsu betsu" (separate bill at time of payment) billing is fully supported.

i.e 10 people ordering 50 items. No need to tell staff about billing at this time. When it's time to pay at the cash register, you indicate the items you ordered and your personalized bill is printed right away.

Hadano, Japan
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Curry shop called Niagara Yutenji in Tokyo, carrying food train.

translate.google.co.jp/translate…

Previously, there was a chinese restaurant robot carries a meal in Mizonokuchi of Kawasaki.

However, it does not seem to do now.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

I also don't really understand what you mean by "technology-enabled" restaurants? If as someone suggested you want touch screen menus, you can go to pretty much any budget izakaya chain. Or do you mean a restaurant that has free wifi? Or perhaps you're looking for a futuristic ambience, like this café in Akihabara? http://g-cafe.jp/english/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Do you mean a restaurant that offers free WiFi?

Washington, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

Thank you for all of your help & great ideas!!

I am looking for 'technology' in terms of ordering systems.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

In that case:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1066456-d…

I have also seen touch screens at izakaya around Tokyo, here is one example:

http://www.sunnypages.jp/travel_guide/tokyo_restaurants/izakaya/Amataro+Shibuya/366/reviews

9. Re: Seoul, Hong Kong and Tokyo - technology enabled Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:18