We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1hr transfer time in Narita enough?

tijuana, Mexico
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
1hr transfer time in Narita enough?

Hello fellow travelers! Thank you in advance for your answers.

My question is: I only have a 1hr transfer stop in Narita (Origin Nagoya) on my way back to the US flying with Japan Airlines, will I have to go to customs in Narita?

Also, I will only have 2 days in Tokyo at the start of my trip, what food/snacks are your favorite that you can't get anywhere else? My travel dates are at the end of the year.

Mentioned in this post
Narita
Narita
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Nagoya
Nagoya
Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Han no Daidokoro Kadochika
££ - £££, Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Ise Sueyoshi
££££, Japanese, Asian
star star
££ - £££, Bar, Pub
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,506 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1hr transfer time in Narita enough?

If you are on the same airline and the same booking, then one hour is enough. That means in your case, the short answer is yes. All you do is go through transit security. There will be no need to go through immigration or customs.

The variety of Kit Kats is always a popular choice. You can also try some unique Japanese mochi and cookies.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,686 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1hr transfer time in Narita enough?

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/dom/onto/

JAL Domestic -> JAL International: minimum connecting time = 1 hr

3. Re: 1hr transfer time in Narita enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17