We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tokyo hotels on NYE?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tokyo hotels on NYE?

trip advisor showed only 12/664 hotels with anyavailability on nye in all of Tokyo (we are there 12/28-1/2). There was 0/69 in shinjuku on 0/41 in shibuya.

its hard to believe that hotels are all are booked up. is this normal? I've also checked expedia with similar results. is there a Japan based website that might yield better results?

thanks!

ray

s.f., CA

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

Can't make sense of your dates, but a lot of Japanese hotels don't take bookings too far ahead. Just a thought :-). Oops, now make sense of your dates. So must edit. I'm not sure what I said before is particularly relevant now :-). Most should take bookings 3 months in advance. You could try looking on the hotel websites, though I've just had a quick look in your right they seem to be booked a lot. You could also try the booking websites Agoda et cetera

Edited: 27 November 2013, 05:34
Wellington
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

That should be "and you're right" me and my dictation software are having a really bad day.

Sydney
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

Try Japanican but I suspect majority of popular hotels have been booked. I ran into difficulty booking decent NYE accommodation in Tokyo for 3 people. One hotel wouldn't even allow us to book the only vacant twin share room even after I offered to pay extra rate. This was in early October. Fortunately I managed to book two rooms at a nice hotel with great view through Japanican.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

Try Jalan.net http://www.jalan.net/en/japan_hotels_ryokan/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,469 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

Not at all hard to believe that hotels are booked now for NYE between the dates you want. It is only a month away and can be a busy time for hotel bookings. You better book now rather than wait. You might even have to split your stay, eg 2 nights one hotel, 2 nights a different one etc based on availability.

You can try Rakuten as well.

Just out of interest, I checked the Toyoko Inn website for rooms for 3 nights starting 12/28. (not recommending them, just that their website is easy to check from) All their Tokyo locations with one exception were booked solid for 2 person rooms. There was a bit more availability for one person rooms.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 13:28
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,724 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

1. why did you restrict your hotel search to tripadvisor?

2. it is possible that all hotels are booked up in select cities on certain days, whether you believe it or not.

However still many rooms available on numerous other booking sites, hotels' own sites, etc. For Dec 31, 2013 in Shinjuku, there is a doube/twin rooms:Hilton (212,396yen) executive tower suite , or 2 capsules at the Green Plaza for 6560. That is the availability.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

bibimbob...

i tried tripadvisor, expedia, booking.com, and hotels.com and they all yielded zero results.... which is what i found so surprising. i will look into the hilton you mentioned... thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,469 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

Try Rakuten..they still have some hotels for the nights you want.

http://travel.rakuten.com/

If you know Japanese,try their Japanese language website also.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,724 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

navitime.co.jp shows 167+ hotels with available double/twin rooms within the Tokyo 23 wards.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tokyo hotels on NYE?

i tried navitime but its only in japanese.

is the ginza district nice? i know there are subways everywhere but I guess for a 5 night stay...