We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

We will be revisiting Tokyo March/April. The hotel we stayed at for our first trip, Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku has no rooms available which we are very disappointed about. We loved our stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the train station and the shopping centers (we made nightly trips to the basement of the Keio building for dinners). Are there other hotels in this same area that you can recommend or maybe there's an even better area that we can stay in that can be suggested. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza...
5,164 Reviews
Shibuya, Japan
tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Wait another month and check again, sometimes hotels do not release their availability until at least 2-3 months ahead of time. So April might not be loaded into the reservation systems yet.

What is your average nightly budget for a hotel room?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,121 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Right across from the Sunroute is the Century Southern Tower. It has bigger rooms and is a better hotel over all than the Sunroute. Accordingly, the rates are higher.

The Keio Plaza offers about the same rates as the CST and is not too far from the station.

The Prince is close to east exit of Shinjuku Station and offers similar rates to Sunroute.

A bit far from the station (8 minutes) but the Best Western Astina offers great rates and is a perfectly adequate hotel just like the Sunroute.

As mentioned, many hotels don't release rooms on their own websites until 2-3 months ahead.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Century Southern Tower
Hotel Century Southern...
2,132 Reviews
Shibuya, Japan
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
4,392 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,506 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Ibis is not as nice but it is well-located as well.

Further out in the west side Skyscraper district, Hyatt Regency is pretty decent with big rooms and good rates. The hotel is 10+ minutes on foot from Shinjuku station but they do run a free shuttle between 8am to around 9:30am. Hilton is also slimilar.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hilton Tokyo
Hilton Tokyo
4,884 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
KSA
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Dear all, hi

I’m visiting Japan next summer for the first time. I’m planning to stay at Shinjuku area. I narrowed my search to either Sunroute Plaza or Sunroute Higashi. My question: which one has a more convenient location to Metro station and shops.

Thank U for ur help & time

Shou

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Nagoya
Hotel Sunroute Plaza...
185 Reviews
Nagoya, Japan
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Higashi...
1,099 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
Tokyo Metro
Tokyo Metro
1,888 Reviews
Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,121 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

The Sunroute Higashi is a long walk from Shinjuku's main station. It's older of the two also. You should choose Sunroute Plaza.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Higashi...
1,099 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
KSA
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Thank you Shibuyakko

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

What about Granbell Shinjuku or Via Inn Shinjuku? It is hard for me to tell really

how close they are from shopping and the station from maps.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
Shinjuku Granbell Hotel
1,552 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
Via inn Shinjuku
Via inn Shinjuku
189 Reviews
Shinjuku, Japan
Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

I’ve noticed that Shibuya and Shinjuku are the most suggested areas, with Shibuya being the favorite. I’ve become confused because during our trip last August we staying at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, which I am now realizing is technically in Shibuya. While there we navigated the massive shopping centers over the train station and the areas behind the station so I am inclined to stay in that area because we are fairly comfortable getting around that area, but I do not want to miss the opportunity to stay in another area if it is just as nice or nicer with more to offer.

What would be the most noticeable differences between staying in Shinkjuku vs Shibuya and what hotels in Shibuya would you recommend? We will be there end of march into the beginning of April so we are hoping to catch cherry blossom season as well.

Mentioned in this post
Shibuya
Shibuya
Tokyo, Japan
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza...
5,164 Reviews
Shibuya, Japan
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,686 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Shinjuku: next to Financial/Government Office district, with many shops and restaurants catering to them

Shibuya: slightly younger crowds, and much less hotels to choose from

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Shibuya
Shibuya
Tokyo, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
58,506 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alternatives to Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku

Shibuya has a bit of a hipper feel. Shinjuku has more large department stores so during the day, you will get a mix of younger and older folks. As bibimbob said, Shibuya doesn't have as many hotels to choose from vs Shinjuku. Both are equally happening in the evening.

Mentioned in this post
Shibuya
Shibuya
Tokyo, Japan
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan