We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

I will arrive at NRT on August 12 at 0800 and leave at 1915.

I would like to visit the Harajuku area to include:

Takeshita Dori, Meiji Jingu, Yoyogi Park, Daiso Harajuko, Oriental Bazaar and eat lunch at an Udon shop in the area.

Can anyone give me advise on how to get to these places and what order to do them in? Which trains and how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance for your help

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,901 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

www.gotokyo.org/en/campaign/map/index.html

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

These places are all in the same area. My only advice is to visit Meijijingu first and then wander Yoyogi Park. You can then do the rest at your leisure.

If you have only 11 hours total though, you will need to budget your time accordingly. If you will be checked through on your flight, you should still plan to get back to NRT airport by 18:00 to allow enough time to clear immigration, security and get to your gate.

Use Suica-NEX roundtrip, which will save you 2,500 Yen even if you lose the 210 Yen handling fee when you return your card at the end of your trip. You can take Narita Express to Shibuya, then transfer to Harajuku using the Yamanote Line without buying an additional ticket.

www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice

hi...thank-you for the links....fantastic....just booked tickets and trying to learn as much as i can.

san diego, CA
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice

Great, thanks for all the help.

So you don't need to use the Suica to change train lines from the NEX? Can I also use the NEX card to return from Harajuko transfering to NEX?

Will there be much cosplay on a Tuesday?

Thanks again!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice

Suica is a rechargeable stored value card - valid for all subway travel. Just tap and go - http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html

NEX refers to Narita Express train.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice

Specifically to Suica-NEX, as long as you don't exit the turnstiles, you can use the NEX portion of your ticket to travel to any JR station in the covered area which includes Harajuku. You won't need to use your Suica to pay a separate fare.

Once you exit the turnstiles, use Suica to get around.

You won't find cosplay on Tuesdays. There aren't even that many of them on Sundays now.

7. Re: Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 05:19