We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

Hi,

I am travelling to Tokyo next week and will be staying at Dai-Ichi Hotel which is apparently a 2 minute walk from Shimbashi station. Planning to take Narita Express as my flight lands in the evening and apparently the aiport limo bus does not operate after 5.45 pm. I am planning to take taxi from Tokyo station to the hotel, any idea as to how much the taxi fare would be ? Also, if some body could guide me regarding the exit gate I need to take at Tokyo station in order to be on the right side of the road for taxi and hotel. Thanks.

Rameen.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

well, you get off NEX train at JR Tokyo station. Stay at the same platform for a while. JR Sobu line commuter train will be entering there.

You get on the train, the 1st stop is JR Shimbashi.

NEX Tokyo direct ticket covers the whole trip to Shimbashi.

Muscat Governorate...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

Thanks Nao.

That really would be great. I would be carrying a medium sized suitcase with me. Do you think It would be fine to take JR Sobu line train with the suitcase in hand at around 8.30 pm ??

The Hotel website interestingly did not mention Sobu line, instead they recommended JR Yamanote line from Tokyo station.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

Ah, the line is called Yokosuka line, from Tokyo to south. This is the train at Tokyo station.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkXaId2pczE

4. Re: taxi fare from Tokyo station to Shimbashi (Dai-Ichi Hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:16