We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

Hi,

Some changes on my itinerary posted months ago. Please add/comments/feed back/. thank you

May 20th, Arriving before noon, taking the Narita Express to Tokyo Station. Take taxi to Mercure Hotel Ginza. How far is the hotel? At the airport I will buy the right card, I assume Narita Express ticket and Suica card. Booked for 5 nights.

1st day getting familiar with the surrounding (received an email from the hotel manager, will help me what is to see that day) and a big rest. Toronto to Amsterdam then Tokyo will take 2 days.

May 21st from Ginza Station, what is to see for half a day as the other half day noon time I booked half day tour with Hato tour.

May 22nd advise ____________________________.

At 5 p.m. a Japanese friend will come to pick me up and taking to one of the best Japanese Restaurant call Teppanyaki.

May 23rd I would love to take a day trip to Niko________________

May 24th advise_____________________________

At 6p.m. my Janapese friend will take me out again.

May 25th taking the bullet train for Kyoto - Dormy Inn Premium Kyoto Ekimae.

Booked for 5 nights. I was told is so much to see, so I will take day by day visiting different parts of the city, by walking, taking the bus etc.,If the hotel will help me with some day trips I will do that.

May 30th coming back to Tokyo: Hotel IBIS Tokyo Shinjuku. Booked for 3 nights.

1st day getting familiar with the area.

May 31st. Shibuya, Harajuku, Roppongi Hills, Meiji Shirine, Shinjuku, Shinjuku gyoen, Ghibli museum etc.,

June 1st day trip to or advise:__________________________________

June 2nd Taking the bus to Fujiyoshida City and stay 2 days to my Japanese friends.

June 4th by bus back to Tokyo same hotel: Hotel IBIS Tokyo Shinjuku for one day. Resting, walk around as next day June the 5th flying to Paris. This time the flight will be from Haneda airport.

I did prepare a large folder with information found it either on the Internet but most the comments from people like me posted on the Trip Advisory. I have a long the list “to do” and ‘not to do’, day trips, half a day trips, and much more. The hardest part is how cash I should carry? I still have hard time how much yen I should carry? Top Priority enough cash to get around no shopping at my age of 66 no need much just to be fit to walk, food so so.

Now, very important question what can I bring from Canada as a gift and thank you to my Jananese friend. I meet her as she came 4 times to Toronto never meet her husband. Any suggestions? Much appreciated. I hope to hear from you as my trips are getting easier for over 10 years very successful because of you (TA). I always post my experiences and posting on the TA to help others. Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

Don't forget to get discount ticket for Narita Express!

https:/…nex_oneway.html

On June 1st, you can try to visit Nikko, Kamakura or Yokohama. It can be done in a day.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 16:22
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

My Japanese friend liked the Laura Secord chocolates. Popular items preferred by Japanese visitors to Canada (of varying budgets):

ice wine, vacuum packed salmon, maple syrup, stuff you find in these Japanese stores in Toronto

http://www.seaborn.ca/store.html

Or this catalog from another Japanese store in Niagara Falls/Baff/Vancouver http://www.okgift.ca/en/products01.html

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

May 22: You can walk or take the train from Ginza to Tokyo Station, the Station itself has been recently renovated and it's beautiful. From Tokyo Station it's about a ten minute walk to the Imperial Palace gardens.

You could also take the train to Asakusa to see Sensoji Temple and walk around the shops along the nearby Nakamise Dori. From Asakusa you can take a boat along the Sumida River out to Tokyo Bay and the island of Odaiba. Odaiba is mostly shopping and museums, but it also has great views.

May 24: You could go to Tsukiji Market. The sushi restaurants nearby are open from about 5am-noon with the freshest catches of the day. If you want to see the Tuna Auction you have to arrive around 4am, if you just want to tour the market then you can arrive around 9am.

You could also check out Akihabara, Tokyo's anime, manga, and electronics district and then go to Ueno Koen and Ameyokocho Market, which are only a few stops away from Akiba.

June 1: Day Trip to Hakone or Kamakura. More on Hakone here: blaineanderin.com/the-best-day-trips-from-to… More on Kamakura here: blaineanderin.com/day-trips-from-tokyo-kamak…

The good thing about carrying around a lot of cash in Japan is that it's super safe. The chances of getting mugged are super low. Lots of shops and restaurants are cash based, so having a bit more cash on you will make things easier.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
513 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

Hi,

I would like to all the TA for adding some extra information. I will take the advise 'about gift from Canada'.

I can no believe it " I am going to Japan", I have many friends can not wait to read my comments coming back. Thank you all, thank you TA.

5. Re: Toronto to Tokyo a dream since high school now age 66 booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:17