We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Tokyo

Germany
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Tokyo

I will be staying in Tokyo with my girlfriend for 5 days this coming July. Since I am a SPG platinum member, we are considering this hotel.

Have read some reviews and regarding location it seems it is a good area, but not great either. Most important for us is restaurants, tourist sights, shopping, some nightlife. I guess since Tokyo seems like a spread out city, no matter what area we need to use the subway frequently? No areas where we can only rely on walking?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,389 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Tokyo

>>I guess since Tokyo seems like a spread out city, no matter what area we need to use the subway frequently?<<

You've got the answer.

>>No areas where we can only rely on walking?<<

Pick Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ginza, Ikebukuro, or Asakusa for that purpose. But you would still be taking trains, as Tokyo is a large city, and there are quite a few things to see in each ward which is about the size of a city.

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,320 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Tokyo

I stayed here once a few years ago with friends for the same reason and it wasn't worth it. It's a nice area but we didn't like the walk to the trains or the taxi rides back to the hotel late at night from the lively areas. The suggested areas above are better.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Tokyo

5 nights of points is pretty big, so think about how much you want your points and if you have a decent room rate. you will survive the trip if you stay at westin but may have other thoughts when thinking back. the rooms are ok and i don't remember much else about the hotel besides the same, long 10min walk to the subway multiple times a day. i've never considered staying here again (and only stayed there the first time b/c of a work-related thing) and i never recommend it to my friends.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Tokyo

It's a pleasant covered 10 minutes moving walkway to the subway. The corner rooms are HUGE with incredible view. 48k SPG points for 5 nites is a GREAT deal. There are some great restaurants nearby in Ebisu and Meguro.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 18:24
5. Re: Westin Tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:15