We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Last minute help

Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need Last minute help

Hi,

I need some last minute help on my Japan trip this coming Monday. My family (2A & 2C) will be going to Tokyo (Haneda Airport) this coming Monday (2 June). From there, we will be going to our Airbnb apt in Shinjuku. We are advised by the host to take the train.

While in Tokyo, our plan is visit the Disney Land and Sea, sight-seeing nearby and maybe to Shibuya.

On Friday,(6 June) we will make our way to Osaka. We have not decide on whether to take the bullet train or the bus. While in Osaka, we will be staying in the Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka (Namba Station). We intend to visit Kyoto for a day trip and maybe the Universal Studio also. Subsequently we will be flying out from Osaka (KIX Airport) on Tuesday (10 June).

I need some guide on these please.

1) Is JR ticket suitable for this, or just pay for each trip separately, or any card to go around like EZ Link (Singapore) or Octopus card (HK) ?

a) If yes, which duration do I take?

b) Can it be use to take the bullet train?

c) Do I need to buy while in Singapore or can I buy it in Japan?

d) Can I use it while in Osaka to go to Kyoto and to KIX airport?

e) Any idea how to get to Fraser Residence from the bullet train stop in Osaka?

f) I will be travelling with about 4 luggage bags, any space to put it in?

2) Was considering the bus to Osaka as I have checked that it is much cheaper.

a) Any idea where do this bus stopped in Osaka?

b) Heard it is a 7-8hrs ride? Any stops in between for toilet breaks/ meals)

Appreciate any help I can get...

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Last minute help

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html

Note you can not use it for long-distance trips(Tokyo - Osaka) and you can not have the deposit refunded in Osaka. If you want it, return Suica card in Tokyo before you ride Shinkansen or Highway Bus, and buy ICOCA card in Osaka.

2. Re: Need Last minute help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 06:16