We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delta airline from singapore to tokyo

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
delta airline from singapore to tokyo

any good or bad for this airlines?

i just wish no delay, no vanishing of baggage, overall service and quality of the aircraft is cool, hows average of these?

however, planning a trip for 10 days in Oct, any countryside around tokyo worth for a visit? i like natural too!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,585 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

-DL appears to be significantly cheaper than SQ for this particular route as bibimbob pointed out. Money does talk.

-It's unusual to hear somebody saying QF is one of the best airlines in the world, that's for sure!

-If you could figure out how to post on Tripadvisor, then you could have looked up the conversion yourself on the internet.

>>>can u tell me what is 50lb weight in metric?

Edited: 03 June 2014, 03:41
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

Taking delta air to Tokyo next week, its the cheapest direct flight from Singapore during this period. Crossing my fingers!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

dear Sammy, i actually rate QF as one of the poorest airlines, perhaps lost in translation or comprehension?

secondly my question relating to conversion was to hi-light people should use most common terms when on this forum not just language one country uses and refuses to go metric! just as you experts prefer hotel budgets in Yen and not local area currency.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,585 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

I thought I had misread your post, but below is what you wrote previously:

>>>singapore airlines i rate the best in the world, better than Qantas even!

It's hard to understand that any differently than thinking you were rating QF very highly, just behind SQ.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

let me retort.....

"it's hard to understand that any differently than thinking you were rating QF very highly, just behind SQ."

just two points, u weren't thinking secondly i did not rate QF "just behind SQ" that was yr statement as evident from the above sentence.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 09:35
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,585 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

All I can say is from an average reader's perspective, the way I interpreted your statement was correct.

I rest my case. No need to fight over something rather meaningless.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 10:40
17. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 17:05
Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

I flew delta a couple of years ago sg-tky over New Years. The service wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Although, I have to say that I have the utmost respect for their flight attendants who despite being not v friendly, seem v authoritative and not to be trifled with. Passenger requests seemed a lot less frequent compared to other airlines I've taken to Tokyo. The food is not good compared to sq or star alliance, but it's edible. And they gave everyone wine bc it was new year. The plane was pretty old, but that was a couple of years ago. Oh. And if American security hasn't let up, they will have security personnel question you when you check in. These are people separate from changi personnel. They are hired specifically by the airline. You can clarify with them if they do question you.

If you like hiking, you could do a day trip to mt. Mitake. They have an Onsen on top so you could climb, take a nice bath (both indoor and outdoor) and take a bus back down. Can eat on the way up and down. And in japan when you climb or hike, don't forget to say hello to people you pass. It's customary.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 16:28
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,347 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

I would consider NH for that route, decent quality product and competitive.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: delta airline from singapore to tokyo

Hi, i took Delta Airlines to Tokyo in Feb, Apr and May this year. Indeed it is the cheapest economy flight from Singapore. I only experienced delay flight on my return trip in Feb and flight was delayed for 45 mins. Don't expect food onboard to be as good as SQ.

The plus point about Delta is that they have a huge library of movies to choose from including the latest blockbusters and the seats are comfortable enough for me. I would say the crew service is great as well.

Have a good trip ya. :)