We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying To Tokyo From UK

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Flying To Tokyo From UK

Hi There,

Firstly hello everyone - I've been lurking here for a while.

My g/f and I will be travelling to Japan for about two weeks at some point next year and we were looking at late May/Early June (can't go in April unfortunately).

I can find a lot of guidance about airlines, but it's all a bit out of date (keeps talking about 747s). We want to fly direct ideally, as my g/f is a nervous flier, and we obviously need to sit together.

So that leaves us with ANA, JAL, BA and Virgin to choose from. I would also consider Finnair at an absolute push, as the stopover doesn't add much to the flight time. I'm not prepared to pay above Economy, it's just so much money for the upgrade!

Firstly, has anyone flown with any of the above and what did you think to them?

Secondly, who should we go for?

Many thanks for your advice, A

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,314 Reviews
from US$140.70*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
947 Reviews
from US$65.40*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
122 Reviews
from US$54.50*
11. Re: Flying To Tokyo From UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16