We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

Hello! Does anyone know if one needs to claim baggage and clear customs (and passport control) when arriving from Bangkok at Narita airport, and then transferring to Haneda to connect to SFO?

This would be for AA8412 from Bangkok and AA8401 to San Francisco.

Thank you so much!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

yes you do.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

If you are transferring from Narita to Haneda then you are entering Japan. So yes, you will claim baggage, clear immigration and customs at Narita since you will have to get your own way (probably limobus) from Narita to Haneda airports and then check in again, clear exit immigration etc.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

Oh gosh. Thank you very much for your help!

I was also told that Japan Airlines provides the bus transfer..... do you know if that is accurate?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,645 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

>>>I was also told that Japan Airlines provides the bus transfer..... do you know if that is accurate?<<<

Unless you have a written confirmation from JAL, I wouldn't count on it. As far as I know, no airlines provide free transportation between NRT and HND.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

You normally have to pay for your own journey. In that case, use the limobus.

https:/…7

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

Any chance you could change your ticket so that your flight to SFO leaves from Narita? Would make life a lot easier since then you would not need to do anything other than go through a secondary security check as your transfer flights. Would not need to touch your baggage or go through immigration etc

7. Re: BKK-SFO transferring between Narita and Haneda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16