We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Tokyo & Osaka ( Arrive & Depart in Kansai airport)

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
8 days in Tokyo & Osaka ( Arrive & Depart in Kansai airport)

Hi,

Me and my bf will travel to Japan on December. Our first plan was to spend our 8 days in Osaka however we now changed our mind to travel to Tokyo during the trip. We have bought our flight tickets which will depart from KL in the midnight and reach Kansai airport in the next day morning.

We will reach Kansai airport around 9 am and take Shinkansen to Tokyo and spend 4 nights in Tokyo. Then we plan to take Shinkansen back to Osaka and spend the remaining days there before back to Malaysia.

Here are some of my concerns:

1) Should I buy JR Pass ? Will it be fully utilise with my plan?

2) Or I should buy a single trip Shinkansen to Tokyo and back to Osaka by over night bus?

3) Any recommends for over night bus?

4) I will be going to Disneyland, Kyoto, Fuji Mountain, USJ and some shopping places in Tokyo.

Basically I still confuse how should I plan my itinerary, Pls give some advises! :)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days in Tokyo & Osaka ( Arrive & Depart in Kansai airport)

Kyoto is the city most visited by tourists (51.6 million last year), and recently became the most desired touristic city in Travel+Leisure magazine (US) over Bangkok and Florence; Kyoto and Nara are two top sites which you shouldn't really miss out in your first trip to Japan, even if your main targets are big modern cities of Osaka and Tokyo. If you don't mind taking an overnight bus between Osaka/Kyoto and Nara, then JR Pass won't pay off. The Shinkansen (Nozomi) takes 2 hr 30 min between the two cities but the bus will take about 7-8 hours on Expressway and roughly less than half the price of the Shinkansen. There should be about 20-30 bus companies operating on this route, but booking a Willer Express Bus is easier as it has English website.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 17:37
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days in Tokyo & Osaka ( Arrive & Depart in Kansai airport)

www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_osaka_6.html

3. Re: 8 days in Tokyo & Osaka ( Arrive & Depart in Kansai airport)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17