We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toei and metro one day pass

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medan indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
toei and metro one day pass

hi tokyo expert, can u help me to answer my question.

1. i see fron the web that we can buy 3day metro pass at haneda, since im arrive in kansai and go to tokyo by bus, is that possible if i can buy in the haneda, im afraid cant reach the counter if they only open in near immigration for arrival.

2. if my q1 is possible, can i buy in bulk? there a 6of us and only me to go to haneda to save the transportation cost.

3. i will stay at shibuya, since u cant buy the toei and metro pass in shibuya, is that right if i must go to omotesando to buy the toei and metro pass? (the nearest station from shibuya)

4. are there any other option to buy the toei and metro pass, by hotel or travel agencies?

5. if i want to go to odaiba and will spend a day at there, what pass should i buy?

thanks so much :)

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,184 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toei and metro one day pass

The pass is only available at the International Terminal and each of you has to show the passport:

…tokyo.jp/newsevent/news/subway/2014/sub_i_2…

Just get the Suica or Pasmo for convenience. In general, passes don't save you much (If any) though this new pass is a good deal for 1,500yen/3 days fro all subways.

United States
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toei and metro one day pass

If you are staying in the Kansai area for a while, you might be able to get the Tokyo Subway Ticket at a travel agency. The following page provides a list.

tokyometro.jp/en/…anc03

I have no idea what the notation beneath the list ("available sequentially") means.

To facilitate communication with travel agents who might not speak English, you might want to print out a picture and/or details such as on the following page:

…tokyo.jp/INET/OSHIRASE/2014/03/20o3o200.htm

In the long run, you could end up spending a lot of time to save only a small amount of money, though.

Regarding your question #3, as far as I interpret the Metro web site's information page on the Common One-day Ticket for Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway (the one that costs 1000 yen for one day), you can buy it at Shibuya Metro station from a vending machine if you plan to use it the same day, or possibly you can get advance tickets at the Ginza line or Hanzomon line stations at Shibuya (it only specifically mentions that you cannot buy the advance tickets at the Fukutoshin line station). And you would have to take quite a lot of rides in one day to get this particular pass to pay off. The Tokyo Subway Ticket is definitely a better buy.

For Odaiba, there is a one-day pass on the Yurikamome line that costs 820 yen. It pays off if you take three rides on the Yurikamome line, but not if you just go out to Odaiba station and back (like from Shimbashi or Shiodome).

United States
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toei and metro one day pass

After reading the Metro's information page more carefully, it looks like you can't buy the Tokyo Subway Ticket from a travel agent by itself--you'd probably have to buy some kind of combined package, and then you have to go to special offices to redeem it. Probably, you should just forget about this particular ticket.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 01:51
Medan indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: toei and metro one day pass

@bearkun thanks so much for your help. i ve been to shibuya station last april, and i can't buy the pass at there (last time i dont hv so much information) ~ i go from hachiko exit, is it fukutoshin line? so i must go inside and find the hanzomon or ginza line to buy the toei amd metro pass. is that right? i must admit it, im not really good and clear at this toei and subway pass. so confusing for me. cause when i stay at roppongi (then i moved to shibuya) i can buy the pass at roppongi station. thanks so much

Medan indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: toei and metro one day pass

@shibuyakko thanks a lot for ur advise. i think i will not go to airport coz it will save only a lil bit of oney but waste so much time. thanks so much :)

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,184 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: toei and metro one day pass

From Hachiko Exit, the Ginza Line station is closest. You can buy the pass from a vending machine. Again, this 1,000yen pass may or may not pay off.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,457 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: toei and metro one day pass

I would not buy the 1,000 Yen one-day Pass. Within Tokyo, one typically doesn't spend more than 800-1,000 Yen daily on transport regardless of what combination of train companies you use. It's much better just to use Suica to get around so you can ride JR as well at any given moment.

8. Re: toei and metro one day pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:16