We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

I have never been to Japan and I am trying to figure out the transportation system as best I can but am having some trouble. We need to get from the Narita airport to our hotel which is right next to Akasaka station on Chiyoda line.

There will be 2 of us, each with a normal size suitcase. We don't mind public transportation, how would you recommend we get to our hotel.

Thank you for your help

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

NEX to Shibuya & taxi www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

Minnesota
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

Why a taxi as opposed to taking metro? Are there taxis sitting at train station or do you need to grab one from street?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,693 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

Airport trains from NRT does not stop at any Chiyoda line subway stations. You need to go Airport railway line - other Tokyo subway line - Chiyoda line to Akasaka if go by trains only.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1066451-i12166-k6…

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,876 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

I used to live in Akasaka. It's not an easy area to reach from NRT using the train and metro. The best way is to take the limobus to a nearby hotel then a short taxi. The ANA is the first stop in Akasaka, so get off there and take a taxi:

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…57

If you want to take the NEX, it's best to take a taxi from Tokyo Station. You'll find a taxi stand right in front of Marunouchi Main Exit. You could take the Marunouchi subway Line from Tokyo to Akasaka-Mitsuke and walk ~12 minutes to your hotel if you want to save ~2,200yen.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,766 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

Tokyo station is never an easy station to use for transfers, particularly switching from JR to subway or vice versa.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
248 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

We have just returned from our first visit and though we became more capable with the public transport system as the days went by, I wouldn't like to negotiate it with luggage as there are often steps down to the platforms and almost always, a lot of people around. Airport limousine bus to the nearest point then a taxi is a safe option. Worth looking into their website.

7. Re: Getting from Narita airport to 'Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:17