We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area for hotel

none
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best area for hotel

Hi! My husband and I will be spending five days in Tokyo in October. I am trying to narrow down my hotel choices, but need some input. I have problems walking and therefore need to be in an area where I won't need to walk long distances in order to get to a subway, restaurants, and bars. Is there any section of town which would be better suited for me? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Idstein, Germany
Level Contributor
276 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area for hotel

Maybe around Shinjuku (Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku) or Akasaka (New Otani Hotel). I don't know where your interest lie but Shinjuku is better suited for those interested in nightlife. Also what is your budget?

Keep in mind though that Tokyo is a walking city. You are gonna walk a lot (well, depending on your interests).

Maybe the Tokyo Station Hotel

Edited: 22 July 2014, 11:02
Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
Hotel Sunroute Plaza...
5,158 Reviews
Shibuya, Japan
New Otani Inn Tokyo
New Otani Inn Tokyo
541 Reviews
Shinagawa, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
The Tokyo Station Hotel
The Tokyo Station Hotel
1,323 Reviews
Chiyoda, Japan
Cary
Level Contributor
743 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area for hotel

Remm Akihabara is a decent hotel steps away from Akihabara Station.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1066443-d11145…

And yes, previous poster is right, Tokyo (and much of Japan) is certainly a walking city.

Mentioned in this post
remm Akihabara
remm Akihabara
567 Reviews
Chiyoda, Japan
Akihabara
Akihabara
3,706 Reviews
Chiyoda, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
3. Re: Best area for hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:16