We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasmo card

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tasmania
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Pasmo card

We were thinking of purchasing a Pasmo card for our 4 day stay in Tokyo. We wanted to get the limo bus to our hotel and return to Narita airport by train. I was wondering if we can use the pasmo card to get from Tokyo to the airport ?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pasmo card

yes you can. You need to buy additional ticket at the ticket office when riding JR Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner, but you can ride JR Airport Rapid and Keisei LTD Express with Pasmo card only.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pasmo card

Pasmo from Tokyo to airport depends on what trains you use. If you use regular commuter trains (say you take a local train to Nippori, and transfer to Keisei Limited Express, or similarly use Keisei Access Express), then you can just swipe through the turnstiles. If you want to use trains that require express fare surcharge (Narita Express or Keisei Skyliner), you will need to go to a ticket machine or ticket counter to purchase your tickets. Payment can still be made by Pasmo. Any shortfall (if your Pasmo does not have enough money left) can be paid by cash or credit card.

Note that Pasmo is essentially the same as JR-issued Suica.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
15 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pasmo card

Thanks very much for all replies. I have struggled for quite a while to get this info from the net.

Perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pasmo card

I am considering buying a PASMO Card for my trip to Tokyo / Yokohama.

I am looking at buying the card via fed ex while I am still in Australia.

They are charging AU$29. Does anyone know how much credit will be on the card for this price?

Can I use the card from Haneda Airport?

Can you realistically travel on the trains with suitcases?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pasmo card

Hi Stephen,

You can get a PASMO card from ticket vending machines or in person at any train/subway station. It takes within 3 minutes. I believe strongly that it won't be sold-out. The card itself is 500 yen (AU$5.5); I think you will waste your energy buying from Australia. The machine has English button; but ask for help to someone around you if it would be difficult. Yes, you can get and use a PASMO from Haneda Airport.

http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/buy/

You can see people travel with suitcase on a train; but if it were heavy or large, many people like tend to use a luggage forwarding services. The companies are vary. It's one of our habit.

Edited: 04 July 2015, 09:04
Japan
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pasmo card

AUD29 sounds a lot. I got mine from the other side of the world and paid Y2000 for Y1500 credit and Y500 deposit. There are vending machines locally - I was asking one of my friends about it while visiting some sites outside Tokyo today- and they are easy to use. Recharging is also pretty easy which is good because we used around Y2500 on local trains getting to/from/around Kamakura.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,789 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pasmo card

No reason whatsoever to pre-purchase a Pasmo and have it sent to you via FedEx.

You might want to look at using the limobus from HND airport instead of the train if the bus stops at or very near your hotel:

https:/…index

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,879 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pasmo card

I totally agree. There is absolutely no reason to pre purchase the Pasmo. It only takes a minute to buy one once you get to Japan.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,919 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pasmo card

I might start that business. I will be honest and only charge a small commission :-)

It won't take a minute to get a PASMO/SUICA at a train station.

1) Press the button for PASMO/SUICA on the vending machine with a PASMO/SUICA mark.

2) Select how much you'd like to add up ("1,000" yen will do to start with).

3) Insert notes. It will give you change if you select "1,000" and insert larger notes.

4) The machine spits out the card.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pasmo card

Hi I am travelling to Japan in late October for 11 days. I begin my travels in Hiroshima for 4days then travel to Kyoto for 2days and lastly Tokyo for 5days. I am planning on buying a 7day JR pass and then once in Tokyo buy a pasmo card. Is this my best option?