We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Weeks in Tokyo with two kids (3 yrs and 5 months)

Espoo, Finland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Seven Weeks in Tokyo with two kids (3 yrs and 5 months)

Hi!

We will be staying in Tokyo from mid October to the end of November. My husband will be working in Tokyo Institute of Technology. What neighborhood would you recommend for us? Older child loves to play in parks and the younger will assumably be happy by sitting on my lap and playing with toys. We will be walking around with a double stroller which might create some challenges. Our living area does not have to be right next to the university as it is certainly easier for my husband to move around by himself than me with two kids.

I would appreciate an area with nice playing parks, some sushi places and other simple restaurants (not too fancy so I can easily enter there with my kids), grocery store etc.

I am grateful for all the information and opinions!

Likely To Sell Out
Mt. Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,203 Reviews
from US$145.60*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
108 Reviews
from US$56.40*
US$75.20
Mt Fuji Day Trip with Lake Ashi...
947 Reviews
from US$131.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Cabaret Evening Show...
898 Reviews
from US$67.60*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Weeks in Tokyo with two kids (3 yrs and 5 months)

Does that school have more than one campus? Ie where will your husband actually be working?

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
26,928 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Weeks in Tokyo with two kids (3 yrs and 5 months)

Tokyo Tech has a few campuses, so you'll have to let us know at which campus your husband is going to be working.

3. Re: Seven Weeks in Tokyo with two kids (3 yrs and 5 months)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17