We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb before in Tokyo?

Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Airbnb before in Tokyo?

Hi we are wondering if anyone had used AIRBNB before as an accommodation option in Tokyo?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

I have an apartment booked via AirBnB for December. Everything seems fine so far and it offers a lot more protection than it used to in terms of holding your money from the owner until the day after you check in and if they have to cancel on you at the last minute, AirBnB will actually contribute more to your initial payment to make sure you find something suitable. Plus I went for this option so me and my wife have a bit more accomodation space.

Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

Ok, Sounds really good. I think we are going to use them for a 4 night stay in October. Thanks for the tip.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

My good friend used AirBnB in Tokyo (near Tamachi station) and was quite happy. My advice, though, would be to print very detailed maps and directions. It can be extremely hard to find a specific private residence in Tokyo if you just have the address...it's good to have a few visual points of references, if you can get a google street view, even better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

Good point. You could quite easily get lost trying to find private accommodation. The owners usually give really good details in terms of finding your accommodation and mine is even meeting me at akabanebashi station to ensure I dont get lost! Haha

United States
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

I used AirBnb for both Tokyo and Kyoto. At one, the owner met us at the train station and drove us to the apartment. For the other, I was sent detailed instructions on how to get to the apartment. The file, which I printed out beforehand, had written directions plus photos of streets, stores, and other markers, to guide us in the right direction. Very easy to follow and find the place.

Both places were more spacious than standard hotel rooms and it was great to be in or near a residential neighborhood.

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

I have booked an apartment through Airbnb for 10 days in November. The host has so far been most helpful. I have instructions on how to get to the apartment and a his telephone number if I need any more info. He has also offered any help with regards to getting around Tokyo etc. So far it has been a very positive experience.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

Try booking a hotel through Agoda if AirBnB doesn't work out.

8. Re: Airbnb before in Tokyo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17