We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Hello - I was at a great karaoke bar in Shinjuku, not far from the train station, definitely on the east side and left my camera there. People there are so honest, it is probably still there. But I don't have the name of the place, so I cannot call them. Nor do I speak Japanese. It was about 7 floors tall, had a very long blue sign lit up going down the side, and was on a corner. It was right near a bar/restaurant called Arabian Rock, which was just down the street. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

This is one possibility. Was it like this?

http://r.gnavi.co.jp/g104625/ (name: Karaoke-kan)

In the picture above, if you recognize the karaoke-house as the one you saw, it won't do you any harm contacting them.

Fax: +81 3528 7008

Phone: +81 3528 7007

Good luck.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

I know where the Arabian Rock is and there is a Karaoke place down the street called Karaoke-Kan, Kabukicho Hon Ten.

http://www.karaokekan.jp/

You can contact them via this site, it's in Japanese but it takes input in English.

Or you can write to them:

1-17-10 Kabukicho Shinjuku, Tokyo

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

www.karaokekan.jp/area_popup/01/02.html

Does this look familiar? This is Karaoke-Kan, Kabukicho Hon-Ten.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Check this photo, too.

www.karaokekan.jp/area_popup/01/03.html

This one is also close to the Arabian Rock. If this is the one, it's the Karaoke-Kan, Shin Kabukicho.

1-12-3 Kabukicho, Shinjuku Tokyo

Phone 011-81-3-5155-4800 Someone might speak English.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Thanks so much!

It IS karaoke kan!

Wow! I clicked on the first link and recognize the lobby. That is fantastic. Thanks so much for your help.

I will call them soon - Much appreciated!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

I tried calling them but they don't speak English very well. Unforunately I don't speak Japanese at all. So I'm going to have my friend's friend call, and he is fluent in Japanese. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Everyone: What's the betting line the camera is there and phillysilver can get it back? I would set the odds at 3:1 for getting it back, perhaps a 25% chance it's not there.

Can you give the description, make and model and maybe someone can call them and find out if it's there? Unless you are still in Japan, shipping it to the US is a little pricey and it might be best to find someone going there who can retrieve it for you and then ship it or give it to you domestically.

Anecdote: One of my co-workers was once on the Yokohama Subway and she lost her shoe getting on because the gap between the platform and the car was about 12 cm and it was quite crowded and it slipped off when she was boarding. Luckily she had a spare pair of shoes with her so it wasn't a problem. When she got back to the US, a Japanese co-worker called the subway office and they had found her shoe and another co-worker was able to go there, pick it up and bring it back to the US. This is basically an, "only in Japan" story.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Haha ! That is hilarious. I'm thinking that the odds sound pretty good, too. That shoe story does not surprise me in the least. They are such honest people. I have sent an email to the friend of my friend who speaks Japanese. I'm going to just have it FedEx'd back to me w/ my account number and hope for the best. Even if it is $100 it is still cheaper than buying a new one, since the camera was new anyway! Thanks for the laugh.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

Route, my odds are a bit higher. Yes, it'll be 5 to 1 that phyllysilver will get it back. A high-end karaoke bar can't afford to lose customers' belongings. They must be keeping record of all the things left in their rooms. This is a country a cab driver drove up to the nearest police station when he found a Gold Medal of the Olympics in the rear seat...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,714 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help finding the name of a specific Karaoke bar in Shinjuku

It's not only in Japan. I once left a poster(worth $50) in a cardboard tube on the commuter train in Paris. For some reason I wrote my partial address on it. I later filed an insurance claim and was reimbursed.

Turned out some guy picked it up and sent it back to me, postage paid, several months later.